Software Development ManagerOn behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Software Development Manager for permanent hire in Calgary, AB. As the Software Development Manager, you will be required to balance between project delivery, building a sustainable and scalable codebase, and fostering a culture of collaboration.
Software Development Manager Responsibilities
- Design and develop various components of the software, including Front end Web Application, back-end server functionalities, and reporting.
- Responsible for driving the performance and quality of their software development team
- Lead a team of developers in designing, developing, and maintaining desktop/web application and framework for medical software
- Ensure high quality of work delivered by developers and perform code reviews
- Drive the development progress of our next-gen desktop/web application
- Mentor developers in their technical and professional decision-making based on business and product needs
- Manage direct reports distributed across agile teams
- Evaluate performance of senior and junior developers, and provide constructive feedback
- Identify and communicate product and project risks, and provide constructive feedback to director
- Work collaboratively with other software development leads on interdependent projects requiring expertise from different development fields and technology stacks.
- Contribute to the architectural design of our next-gen desktop/web application, in close collaboration with software architects
- Work closely and effectively with product managers, quality assurance analysts, and regulatory team to ensure development of quality software
- BSc in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3+ years of industry experience in leading a team of developers in desktop/web application development
- 5+ years of industry experience in desktop/web development
- Experience with REST API design
- Experience in working with databases
- Experience in software development life cycle
- Experience in agile software development methodologies
- Experience in GUI development, client-server architecture, and/or visualization
- Experience in C++ development
- Experience in Qt framework or QML
- Experience with software architecture and design (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience with DICOM
- Experience in the medical imaging software industry in general
Software Development Manager Assignment Length
Software Development Manager Location
Software Development Manager Start Date