Senior Software Developer
The IAM Software Developer is responsible for developing Identity & Access Management integration customization solutions for online applications.
This includes developing one or more parts of an application systems and integration with other systems, including designing it to fit into the architecture, prototyping the user interface, implementing, unit-testing, and integrating the components that are part of the solution.
This position fully participates in activities that support the team’s delivery and continuous improvement through assisting other roles with their work, mentoring and promoting a respectful and collaborative culture.
1. Performs agile software development activities as part of the Team utilizing specialized tools.
2. Provides software development guidance in planning and implementing cloud ready applications.
3. Performs many activities in the Dev/Test stage of the DevOps lifecycle including creating builds and performing testing in a technical environment with tools such as Microsoft Azure.
4. Participates in team activities as needed, backlog grooming, sprint planning, team retrospectives, Program Increment Planning and provides feedback on overall platform and program improvements. This includes working with the Scrum Master, product owner, the team, the architects and any appropriate Community of Practice.
5. Troubleshoots performance, reliability, and stability issues.
6. Utilizes tools such as Visual Studio for code development, testing and code review.
7. Understands and uses knowledge of database indexing, normalization and transaction management.
8. Utilizes industry tools and techniques to resolve and troubleshoot barriers with the outcome of optimizing application availability, reduce redundancy, or support security.
9. Participates in DevOps Scrums and retrospectives, as well as scaled agile ceremonies.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) and 6-9 years of equivalent work experience in IT.
- Of the 6-9 years, a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience with agile methodologies and cloud, a DevOps environment, IT involving continuous process improvement, IT development, unit testing, production support and problem resolution, analysis, and/or technical proficiency.
- Design, engineering, and implementation experience with the following technologies:
- Identity federation and SAML 2.0
- Integration with IAM technologies such as Broadcom Siteminder or other similar technologies
- Directory integration including Active Directory and LDAP
- Experience with X.509 certificates & trusts
- Working knowledge designing and developing complex access control model for online applications
- Working knowledge of Full-Stack development with SQL
- Working knowledge of developing REST & SOAP API
- Working knowledge of API Architecture such as Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Web Services or Messaging
- Working knowledge of Front end and UI development
- Working knowledge of Azure PaaS and IaaS cloud services
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps and/or similar continuous integration and contianuous deployment (CI/CD) technologies such as Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jenkins CI, Github, and Artifactory, specifically related to software build, unit test and deploy.
- Working knowledge of the application of agile and scrum methodologies and practices commonly used by software engineers.
- Must reside in BC during the contract period even when working remotely and be ready to report to the office when remote work is over
Senior Software Developer Assignment Length
Senior Software Developer Assignment Location
Richmond, BCJob Requirements