Job Number: 19219
Group: Cosma International
Division: Presstran Industries
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: St. Thomas
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
The Program Buyer is responsible for the sourcing and management of prototype tooling, production tooling, assembly capital, direct buy, steel and purchased components. The Program Buyer works integrally with the Presstran Engineering, Materials and Quality Teams in order to ensure successful launches of new products and tools. The incumbent creates, distributes, collects, and recommends all program related suppliers in conjunction with the best overall business case.Key Qualifications/Requirements
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in Business Administration and/or Supply Chain Management. Engineering experience/background would be a definite asset.
- Three (3) to five (5) years supply chain experience.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Solarsoft IVP). Experience with advanced spreadsheets (Excel) and financial modeling would be a definite asset.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Program / Project management experience would be a definite asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines and multiple demands.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs.
- Eligible to travel outside of Canada with a required valid passport.
- Develops and executes effective bidding, negotiation, pricing strategies and supplier recommendations to provide Presstran Industries with the best value in the marketplace for the dollars spent in a manner that meets the budgets, policies, ethical standards and audit requirements of Presstran Industries.
- Supports on time delivery to help timely program completion and help maximize profits.
- Develop and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Conducts activities in Solarsoft iVP and other Information Systems to support purchasing.
- Drives/participates in Supplier Development to establish solid multiple sources to ensure continuous supply and availability of purchased components.
- Participates in design reviews in conjunction with Design, Tooling and Quality Engineers for the verification and validation of technical requirements to ensure the successful launch of new products and tools.
- Ensures successful and timely implementation of approved engineering changes by closure of all commercial issues with suppliers.
- Ensures Solarsoft iVP pricing modules have been maintained accurately and accordingly.
- Prepares, negotiates, and executes all contract terms and conditions according to Presstran Industries policies and procedures, and in accordance with government regulations.
- Exercises ample expertise and flexibility to procure all emergency requirements in cooperation with requisitioning departments and other supporting segments in the organization to ensure project completion.
- Communicates effectively with all requisitioning departments and arranges for proper and accurate information exchanges between originator and suppliers.
- Ensures that all applicable GST and Provincial Tax Exemptions are claimed to the advantage of Presstran Industries.
- Reconciles variances between Purchase Orders and Invoices (Price, Quantity, Free On Board (F.O.B.), Inco terms, Terms of Payment)
- Reviews Trade Bulletins on a regular basis to provide awareness of market trends.
- Maintains/processes claim in QPF in timely manner. Ensure all costs are captured in claims.
- Resolves material claims with suppliers outside QPF (eg: resale)
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
EQUIPMENT and/or PRODUCT FAMILIARITY:
Equipment: PC, printer, keyboard, telephone, photo copier
Product: General and specific familiarity with a broad range of products
Software: AS/400 reporting and EDI software (as required), MS Office, SolarSoft iVP, etc.
RESPONSIBILITY AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Under the general direction of the department leader the Program Buyer has many varied contacts both internally and externally. The incumbent requires excellent communication skills both written and verbal to exchange/collect information and negotiate with vendors. The incumbent works in an office environment. The Program Buyer must be highly organized as the purchasing environment is subject to many work distractions.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Overtime after 44 hours per week.
2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 Personal Paid Holidays (PPH) + 2 half days.
Medical and Dental Coverage.
Plant wide Incentive Program – based on a number of factors, all members of our team receive an Incentive Bonus, if requirements are met.
Magna Profit Sharing.
Company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage.
Educational Assistance program.
Work boot, safety glasses and custom molded earplug allowances.
Weekly pay via direct deposit.
Barbecues and Children’s Christmas Party.
Roger’s cell phone plan available
Employee discounts (new vehicle, amusement parks etc.)
[ Link Removed ]