Seeking an experienced Development Team Lead for a small development team working with our existing Java based service layer components and interfaces to deliver enhancements and defect resolution within a financial transaction processing platform. We are looking for a strong individual with excellent leadership skills who is a self-starter and takes pride in their work and is accountable for the team’s assignments and deliverables.
- Defining and tracking the priority of business initiatives such that daily direction can be provided to the team.
- Ability to interface routinely with executive management team to provide input and insight from the team as it relates to deliverables, as well as, helping to define roles and responsibilities within the team.
- Enhance and maintain Java applications finding solid, creative, and appropriate solutions with an eye towards time-to-market.
- Analyzing existing architecture and logic in order to triage and address issues that arise in production and non-production environments.
- Determine appropriate modifications to existing architecture and develop plans to implement the modifications.
- Perform design work backed up with facts and enough specificity to aid in proper estimates and grooming.
- Drive creation and grooming of technical debt stories.
- Complete assigned development work on time and according to spec/design. Clearly communicate on issues and roadblocks providing supporting data as needed. Perform proper and complete unit testing to ensure the output is of high quality.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and systems.
- Document solutions to aid internal and external users as required.
- Increases knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Adheres to established coding standards and practices and can peer-review for others.
- Work in a team environment with shared goals and deliverables
- Suggest technical alternatives
- Takes initiative to perform research and determine best solutions to given conditions
- 5+ years in the payments transaction processing field
- 2+ years as team lead or equivalent position
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-availability environment
- Experience optimizing high-availability applications
- Java with emphasis on Java EE
- Java Network Communication
- JBoss EAS 6.3+ and/or Wildfly Web Services (SOAP and REST)
- WSDL, WADL, and/or Swagger
- XML, XSD, JSON
- SQL, T-SQL, Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Functions
- Java Cryptography
- SoapUI, PostMan, RestMan or similar tooling
- Apache Camel
- Windows Services
- Jasper Reports
- SQL Server
- Git, Subversion, and/or a Streams-based VCS
- Team City and/or Jenkins CI
- ZK Framework
- Spring Framework (DI, IoC)
- DropWizard and/or Spring Boot
- Gradle and/or Maven
- Artifactory, Nexus, or other Binary Repository
- Feature Toggle/Flags Management
- Microservices architecture
- Linux (Red Hat)
B.S. Computer Science or equivalent combination of other education/training/certifications.
5+ years of experience with the requirements listed above.