peopleCare has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the eighth year in a row! We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
peopleCare is once again Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest award possible through Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum program. This notable distinction is thanks to the efforts of our outstanding team of skilled and dedicated individuals working collaboratively with our partners to drive excellence in operations, care, and services. Noted as a great place to work, other strengths highlighted in our Report include peopleCare’s investment in leadership development and staff education, high level of engagement in our communities, and building meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships to address staffing shortages and drive positive systemic change.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open a new world of opportunities to honour our mission to change the world of Senior Living! Together we are raising the bar in changing the world of senior living as a Best Managed Company, by providing excellent care and creating meaningful experiences for residents, families, staff, and partners.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great opportunity below!
As a member of the peopleCare home leadership team, this position will provide Human Resources, Recruitment, Retention and Scheduling and Payroll support for the Nursing team.
This position provides the initial contact representing the corporate mission, vision, and values to all peopleCare Nursing Staff team members both internally and externally and as well as ensure and maintains confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident data while assisting the Director of Care in managing the staffing requirements of the home.
Reports to: Director of Care/Director of Nursing
- Responsible for the full cycle recruitment process in the Nursing department for all open positions both internally and externally.
- Completes all pre-screens and interviews of candidates for open positions, and manages the candidate experience through the recruitment, offer, onboarding and training period.
- Responsible for completing thorough reference checks on all new hires and maintaining detailed employee files through the employee life cycle.
- Accountable for ensuring the onboarding process is completed and all required documentation associated with training, orientation, and hiring of new Nursing staff is accurate and completed by the nursing team department managers.
- Acts as the education coordinator for the entire home and ensure that training is completed for both mandatory education, recommended education as well as mask fit testing. Assigns online learning to employees and maintains and prepares reports for department managers to ensure legislative compliance for mandatory education requirements.
- Schedule and follow up on orientation progress for new employees in the Nursing department to ensure that 30, 60, 90-day reviews are completed through the probationary period.
- Accountable for processing Bi-weekly payroll responsibility for nursing department, reviewing, and managing payroll variance in conjunction with timecard exceptions to ensure every team member is paid accurately and timely and that variances are documented and reconciled.
- Supports department managers with bi-weekly timecard exception approvals and status changes to ensure accuracy of employee records when milestones are met under the Collective Agreements.
- Responsible under the direction of the Director of Care/Director of Nursing for maintaining and posting the Nursing department master schedule, as well as managing all internal job postings and line listings.
- Responsible for maintaining employment records and keeping updated copies of documentation for employee Leaves of Absences and accurate return to work dates and that all required documentation is maintained in the employee files.
- Responsible under the direction of the Director of Care/Director of Nursing for reviewing, approving, and arranging coverage for time off requests in the Nursing department while managing and supporting the home staffing and care needs.
- Responsible for ensuring the replacing daily call ins and unfilled shifts daily, weekly, and monthly basis as well as administering the homes attendance management program.
- Accountable for the accuracy of maintain current knowledge of pay rates, conditions of collective agreements, overtime and sick pay arrangements, holiday pay etc. and ensuring all documentation is collected to support discrepancies or grievances.
- Maintain and execute internal job posting process as per the Collective Agreement provisions for the Nursing department and support other departments within the home as required.
- Responsible for preparing quarterly absenteeism reports as per the Attendance Program policy and administering the program in collaboration with each nursing department leader.
- Coordinate performance review schedules for the home to ensure that all annual appraisals are completed as per the company guidelines and in connection with the Long-Term Care Act.
- Supports department managers with the management of WSIB claims and obtains updated documents as required based on reassessment dates and manages the return-to-work program within the nursing department ensuring proper administration, documentation and follow up.
- Supports offers of modified duties for both occupational and non-occupational injuries by coordinating return to work meetings, as well as managing the claims files in connection with the nursing department leaders.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College/university diploma/degree in Human Resources, Health Administration or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in Scheduling, Human Resources, and Union Contracts an asset
- 2-3 years of management experience preferred