The role of Lead Product Engineer is to oversee the day to day of a particular software product software development lifecycle. This would include working hand in hand with the product owner and business analyst to define system functionality and translate it to technical specifications and strategy to meet short term deliverables. This includes working with the Product Engineering Manager to oversee deliverables of a sprint, discussing and scoping out technical details and architecture. It also involves working through mission-critical code fixes on the production environment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Scoping: you will be in charge of managing the intake process and scope of work for your team’s deliverable, in extremely close collaboration with other departments such as Product, QA, and Support, to ensure that we deliver with quality to our customers.
- Planning / Estimation: you will be involved in planning and estimation process and monitoring the team’s progress towards achieving our customer satisfaction goals.
- Agile Process: you will be responsible for the execution of the SDLC process and reporting velocity, backlog management and other development and quality metrics, in conjunction with the product owner.
- Develop new and/or improved software solutions for ACA to market and sell to clients by, among other things, studying clients’ information needs, conferring with users, analyzing systems flow, data usage.
- Lead a team of on-site and offshore engineers to get features developed consistent with ACA standards / design principles.
- Provide diagnostic support and issue resolutions for the ACA-developed/owned software applications.
- Mentor junior colleagues
Summary of Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in STEM or equivalent enterprise level experience.
- 7-10 of experience in the Software Engineering domain.
- 2 or more years in a management/leadership position.
- Passionate about technology, highly motivated, organized, and able to support multiple initiatives.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Well versed (7+ years exp) in web technology and architecture (.NET Core, Angular/React w/ Typescript and Jest, Micro Services, REST w/ OData or GraphQL, SQL Server).
- Experience working on Agile teams, and/or in a DevOps organization, is a must.
- Understanding of Cloud/SaaS delivery using tools such as Git, Jenkins/TeamCity, Octopus, AWS.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, and professional business demeanor.
- Process mindset, able to develop and improve process in order to support quality applications.
- Proven ability to architect novel, green field systems from the ground up using Microservices and Serverless architecture, Docker or other containerization technology, and cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Preferred knowledge in AWS managed services, e.g. Lambda, SQS, SNS, CloudSearch, ECS, Glue, etc.