ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. We are a venture-backed biotech company in La Jolla, California located at the center of the biotech hub on the Torrey Pines Mesa close to the Pacific Ocean - next door to prestigious institutions like the Salk Institute, Scripps Research Institute, Sanford Burnham, and UCSD.
We are passionate about the promise of genomics to improve human health and are committed to making it a reality. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work with your peers in science and engineering to architect, design, and develop software controlling sophisticated scientific instrumentation and to support other business processes via internal tool and application development. We are looking for a candidate who has written code for instrumentation.
This position is ideally suited to a candidate who is self-motivated and excited by a startup environment where opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is commonly encountered.
- Work closely with other members of the R&D team, with expertise in organic chemistry, surface chemistry, biochemistry, enzyme engineering, physics, fluidics, optics, signal processing and engineering.
- Design architecture, code implementation, unit testing, and debugging of internal software applications to support product development.
- Contribute relevant information toward product and technical documentation.
- Directly support the R&D process: instrumentation and experiment tracking.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or comparable accredited technical degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience application development in MS Windows environment.
- High degree of competency with C++, C#, .Net 4.6+.
- Full understanding of threading in MS Windows environment and inter-process communication.
- Experience with communication and serialization protocols such as MQTT, GRPC, Protobufs, Json, REST.
- Database design, implementation and maintenance a plus.
- Ability to effectively utilize standard source control tools for version/release control.
- Experience with developing for, implementing and debugging communications with peripheral devices, is a plus.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.