Who we are
Valeyo is a leading Canadian-based solutions provider to the financial services industry. In addition to being a leader in loan origination technology, we are a trusted distributor for industry-leading carriers and service providers across Canada. Our partners' products strengthen our proprietary technologies and expand our suite of lending and insurance solutions. With more than 40 years of business excellence behind us, Valeyo unites a diverse group of insurance, technology, business, and marketing professionals with a common purpose: to help our clients thrive through strong partnerships. Through the combination of our services-driven vision and distribution expertise, we can push further and faster to provide our clients with a broader range of financial solutions for their customers.
As an organization, we subscribe to the concept of winning as a team, working together, and implementing the best ideas put forward. Guided by our core values of accountability, partner-centricity, teamwork & collaboration, results-orientation, integrity, and passion, we take a unified approach to achieving our shared purpose: accelerating our success and that of our clients by building better businesses.
Who we need
Valeyo is seeking a seasoned Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our growing team. This is a six-month contract opportunity with the chance of renewal. You will work within our Lending Technology team to ensure that all information system products and services meet minimum organization standards and satisfy end-user requirements. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to validate and roll out features aligned with the product's vision and roadmap.
Valeyo's current COVID-19 protocols require that most staff work remotely, and Valeyo also has a flexible workplace that includes remote work options.
Who you are
Whether it's in mortgages, loans, or the credit space, you have an understanding of the day-to-day needs of end-users, processing applications, analyzing data, and working across multiple approval systems. You want to work for a company streamlining the cumbersome workflows and automating the repetition.
You are an exceptionally detailed QA Analyst with the drive and ownership to produce accurate, error-free work. You have built out and executed QA processes and helped set up the QA function as a critical part of the SDLC. You thrive in a rapidly changing environment, continuously learning. You can incorporate constructive feedback and iterate on ideas and solutions from multiple stakeholders with differing opinions.
What's in it for you
Impact and influence. You want the chance to bring your insights and best practices and help further build out the QA function. This is an opportunity to join our team as a senior member, where you can share your expertise. We are open to new ideas and give everyone a voice. We want to hear how you think we should drive this function forward and what tools will accelerate the process.
Professional development. You want to work on a new platform solving complex business problems, diving into the user perspective to test performance, resilience, and effectiveness. You want the chance to work autonomously yet alongside another QA Analyst as part of an Agile team.
Potential. This is an opportunity to join us in a contract role, come up to speed quickly on the work we do, and help add to the QA foundation we have built. You will have the chance to plan your day, working on your Scrum tasks. There is a strong option for a contract extension or full-time permanent offer.
What you will do:
- Lead and own testing. You will use customer-driven use cases to write and execute test plans that verify our solutions meet and exceed the high demands of our growing customer community. You will thoroughly test software to ensure proper behaviour and freedom from defects.
- Track and share knowledge. You will document problems, defects, and code dependencies as you work to resolve issues. You will report on the progress of problem resolution to management.
- Collaborate. You will perform workflow analysis and recommend quality improvements. You will attend design review sessions where feedback is required. You will contribute to the continuous improvement of SDLC processes, including training new staff.
- Learn. You will maintain up-to-date knowledge of Valeyo's products and services, attending appropriate development courses on an ongoing basis.
What you bring:
- The education and experience. You may have a degree in Computer Science or a related field. You have extensive hands-on experience testing web and Windows applications, including Performance, Integration, and load testing. You have built out QA processes and implemented best practices. An understanding of technology in financial services and lending or insurance is an asset. You think creatively and have an analytical mindset, and enjoy diving in to solve complex problems.
- The technical skills. You have experience with:
- Test automation (Selenium, TestComplete, xUnit).
- SQL Server, and TFS source control.
- .Net platform, and web technologies.
- Mobile and accessibility testing.
- Building test cases in Azure is an asset.
- The Agile approach. You have experience working within an agile software development process, specifically with Scrum and backlog management tools. You thrive in an evolving environment and stepping up to different challenges every day. You are highly collaborative and can work cross-functionally with stakeholders, developers, and end-users.
- The communication skills. You have strong oral and written skills. You ask intelligent questions to obtain information, identify root causes, and determine a solution.
The Valeyo Way:
Through collaboration and innovation, everything we do at Valeyo is focused on people - those we help and those we hire.
It's #thevaleyoway to empower our people with autonomy to make decisions that align with our values, to treat each other with compassion focusing on what we can accomplish as a team; and to recognize our individual and collective efforts.
We share a passion and drive for success and are a proudly diverse team. Embracing our differences enhances everything we are involved in from our social awareness as an organization, to our creative problem solving, to the communities we support.
We offer our team the best of both worlds: a fast-paced, innovative FinTech environment and an established organization. This includes:
- A healthy, fulfilling work-life balance through a flexible hybrid work model, a Health and Personal Spending Account. Plus the comprehensive benefits and perks of a financially stable organization including Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match for Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) and a generous paid-time-off policy including vacation, personal/sick time, wellness day and statutory holidays.
- A continuously evolving people-first environment that takes time to have some fun (virtual team building events including scavenger hunts, charity drives, FitBit challenges, photo challenges, and virtual social events, including team lunches, and once we're able to safely do so, awesome potlucks, costume competitions, and karaoke battles) while providing access to professional development opportunities through training and educational assistance programs.
- A bigger than us outlook. Every year we offer $1000 grants to students who are credit union members. It's just one of the ways we support financial opportunity and growth beyond our virtual walls and in the community.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and want to be part of success, we encourage you to express your interest. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience. Apply now.
Valeyo is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Valeyo will provide reasonable accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. Please contact [Link available when viewing the job] for accommodation requests.Job Requirements