Founded in 1992 and based in Atlanta, Safe-Guard Products is driven by the steadfast commitment to provide unparalleled service and the highest quality vehicle protection products to the automotive, RV, marine, and motorcycle/powersports industries. In their twenty-five-year history, Safe-Guard has grown to over 500 employees across the U.S., with a client roster of over 35 leading brands, who serve over 10,000 dealers, and protect over 11 million consumers under Safe-Guard contracts.
Safe-Guard’s mission is to provide products and solutions to the motor vehicle industry that drive customer retention and protect consumers from the perils of ownership. Safe-Guard is experiencing dynamic growth and has earned a stellar reputation from customers, partners, and peers by providing: 1) the highest quality protection products in the industry, 2) a broad platform of value-added technology, marketing, and training solutions, and 3) unparalleled client and customer service.
Position Overview: VSC Adjuster
This is not your typical Service Writer role! We are looking for current and former Service Writers who want to take their careers to another level in a professional office environment. If you've always wanted to put your automotive knowledge to a more formal use, then this is definitely the role for you! We need sharp, talented individuals who are effective communicators to quickly identify and efficiently handle warranty related issues within our Vehicle Service Contract Department. This is a key role in our rapidly growing organization and can lead to rapid advancement for you. The pay is very competitive compared to earnings for most Service Writers. Employee benefits are amongst the best you will find in the city.
Provides support to agents, clients, and customers by adjudicating claims, providing claim’s status, and resolving or escalating customer issues. Communicates effectively with all levels of the organizations. In executing the duties of the role, claims adjuster will ensure the proper documentation, adjudicate per the terms and conditions of the contract, utilizing available resources, and meet schedule expectations informing management of any changes.
- Handles claims related calls per work schedule performing within defined metrics.
- May have to order an inspection when claim is over a certain amount or possible fraud.
- Follows proper claims procedures as outlined in training and feedback provided by QA or Supervisor.
- Master understanding of clients, agents, and contract terms and conditions.
- Understand Exceptions based upon dealership, agent, or client as noted in system.
- Support other team members in assisting customers when situation requires involvement.
- Escalates “Hot Issues” to team lead, supervisor, or managers when unable to resolve satisfactorily.
- Notify Supervisor of any claims in which possible fraud is suspected.
- Participates in all training as required to perform the duties of the role.
- Takes initiative to resolve an issue rather than allow an issue to continue.
- Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ within Automotive Service Industry required.
- Previous experience in customer service, insurance claims, or call/claims center environment preferred.
- Must have strong computer skills and the ability to troubleshoot and service policy issues.
- Must be proficient in Windows and MS-Office Products.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Superior verbal/written skills and communications skills.
- Good punctuation, spelling, mathematical, grammar and attention to detail a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills essential. Exercises sound judgment when interacting with customers.
- PREFERRED but not required: Bilingual with the ability to read, write and speak BOTH English and French in a business setting.
Core Competencies Required:
Teamwork/Collaboration: Support team members by establishing effective interpersonal relationships, and cross functional partnering
Partners across organizational boundaries – Reaches out and to work with associates outside of own department to achieve objectives. Anticipates effects of own area’s actions and decisions on other associates and departments; influences others to support individual and team objectives.
Job Knowledge: – Clearly demonstrates a good grasp of key job functions, relevant terminology, technical processes and standards
Has achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position related areas; keeps up with current developments or trends in area of expertise; understands and uses knowledge, solutions, and capabilities to achieve results.
Customer Experience: Communicate effectively with customers, advocate customer needs and initiate resolution
Takes action to meet customer needs and concerns – Considers how actions or plans will affect customers; responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems; avoids over commitments; responds to customer requests in a timely manner to satisfy customer needs.
Safe-Guard Products International is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.