The Engineering Sales Intelligence Team is passionate about pushing technological boundaries and nurturing a culture of innovation and creativity. We are full stack engineers who partner closely with our business to fashion high-value solutions to keep our sales force continuously productive and increasingly profitable.
Central to the many facets of our software domain is Customer Relationship Management (CRM). By developing our in-house CRM, which rivals market solutions, we help Bloomberg increase revenue through the subscription and usage of all its products. Our CRM tools empower global sales and product departments to engage with millions of existing and prospective clients by highlighting opportunities and improving user analytics.
As part of our CRM, you will have hands-on experience with many applications including but not limited to platforms to facilitate client engagement, reporting dashboards, sales rep workflow tools, and sales lifecycle management. As a member of this dynamic team, you will work closely with our business partners and iterate in a fast-paced, agile, and collaborative environment to influence the direction and delivery of our applications. You will work with your team to build new functionality to manage the many moving pieces of our Bloomberg’s sales strategies and provide valuable insights advised by a variety of data sources or by machine learning predictive analysis.
Our Engineering Sales Intelligence Team is dedicated to fostering a friendly, supportive, and productive environment where every engineer can continue to deepen their technical and product knowledge as a full stack developer while delivering impactful software. As with all of our engineers, we will rely on you to collaborate on sophisticated problems with the best tool for the job, be it the latest open source technology or something homegrown of your own design. We don’t expect you to know everything day one, but if you have the curiosity and ability to learn while delivering resilient, reusable, and robust business solutions, then you’ll be right at home with us.
We welcome you as a hardworking developer with strong technical skills and a consistent record of building innovative products. Your goal is to maximize your efforts by understanding the needs of our users and business, and then translate those needs into software. Our most successful engineers are ones who flourish in a collaborative environment, who can work with engineering and business partners, and who help move our products and processes forward.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop C#/Python services, libraries, and tools while monitoring the health, availability and reliability of our services.
- Improve, build, and support innovative full stack applications
- Apply SDLC methodologies and sound technical design
- Deeply understand customer needs and take full ownership of your product
- Partner with end users
- Proactively seize opportunities and share your insights
- Experience with C#, Python, or C++, or any OOP language
- Experience with a relational database such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of large-scale systems architecture
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience operating in a Linux/Unix environment
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
- Experience with Front-end/UI development
- Experience with Microservices and distributed architecture
- An understanding of CICD paradigms
- Automated testing experience (Unit testing and Dockerized integration testing)
- Working in a multi-functional Agile team environment
- C# .NET Core Microservices
- Python Microservices
- PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and comdb2 databases
- Apache SOLR as a presentation layer
- Message Queues (RabbitMQ & Apache Kafka)
- Amazon S3 cloud storage on Bloomberg environment
- C++ services
- Self-managed and fully-managed Linux VMs
- Data Science Platform for Machine Learning projects
- CICD tools (Jenkins)
- Common logging & search infrastructure (Splunk & Humio)
- Shared Source Control (Github)
- Agile Practices (Jira)