Job Title: Finance Data Governance Lead
This position will initiate, lead and manage enterprise data governance for Finance within Linamar.
As part of the Linamar data team, you will be the lead in defining, implementing and improving the blueprint for effective data governance for Finance, considering things like data quality, security, metadata and master data management and other typical data governance topics as required. You will be part of a fresh initiative and as such your approach needs to be practical and right sized to fit with the culture while at the same time being able to scale quickly.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
• Create, implement and lead proper data management for Finance Systems and data, including but not limited to data quality, data glossary, data catalogue, data privacy, data retention and security.
• Establish and govern policies, procedures and standards for governing data in Finance reflecting strategic priorities for Linamar Finance and aligning with the Enterprise Data Strategy.
• Collaborate with stakeholders across functions to develop enterprise policies, procedures and standards which enforce repeatable and reliable processes, reducing variability, increasing efficiency and enhancing overall data quality and compliance.
• Oversee the definition and enhancement of and compliance with data quality standards and business rules.
• Manage data-governance related initiatives and components within projects, from collecting business requirements and translating them into data solution specifications while adhering to enterprise standards.
• Point of escalation for data governance and data quality issues within Finance
• Manage contribution of business and IT stewards in building and compiling business glossary and metadata repository for Finance with focus on increasing efficiency by making it easier to access the meaning of data and its context.
• Develop and maintain inventory of the Finance information maps, including authoritative systems, owners, security and data elements.
• Lead communication efforts within Finance on data governance and data management best practices
• Define and monitor metrics for data governance activities, adherence and exceptions.
• Mentor and train data owners and stewards in proper data governance
• Participates in change management activities required to fix data quality and process issues.
• Develops and maintains productive working relationships across all business units.
• When a business case allows, participate in evaluation and selection of Data Governance software suite and participate in deployment and maintenance.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Bachelor or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Management, Finance or Business Administration
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working on enterprise data governance programs
• Background and experience in Finance is an asset
• Experience in information management and/or records management programs is an asset.
• Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
• Certification in Data Management or Data Governance or equivalent education is preferred
• PMI PMP certification is preferred
• Manufacturing sector experience is highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of data protection strategies and implementation approaches.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience directly managing data governance platform
• Understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, Data Marts concepts and SQL databases preferred.
• Experience in the concept of data streaming an asset.
• Experience in data privacy and data encryption an asset.
• Thorough experience on Cloud platforms, an asset.
• Understanding of ETL and ELT best practices an asset
• Superior organizational skills; You are able to accomplish multiple tasks within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter; You work independently but also collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to complete tasks, respond to department requests and ultimately deliver high quality solutions.
• Superior follow-up skills; You hold others and yourself accountable to meet internal and external timelines.
• Strong project management skills to manage data governance initiatives and projects from start to finish
• You have a proven track record in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
• You demonstrated the ability to work horizontally as well as vertically within the organization
• You exhibit strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively to executive stakeholders as well as line of business employees.
• Effective documentation skills and processes.
• Experience relative to role in educating and influencing program stakeholders regarding program goals, objectives and approach.
• You are at ease using office, project management and documentation management database systems (e.g. Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, etc.)
• You are familiar with data platforms, particularly Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Azure and other cloud-based enterprise data platforms.
• Ideally you are not just familiar with meta data but the data itself, are actually comfortable looking at the data inside systems and applications, understanding the business context and willing and able to play around with it yourself to some extent.
What Linamar Has To Offer
• Opportunities for career advancement.
• Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
• Social committees and sports teams.
• Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries and markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.