Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies, a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.We have a team of over 550 passionate nurses located across the country. Our nurses have experience in a wide array of therapeutic areas including oncology, immunology and rare diseases. Whether providing care within one of our clinics, a physician’s office or at a patient’s home, all of our nurses have extensive experience with IV and injectable therapy for safe, convenient treatment.
We are hiring a Part-time Infusion Nurse (RPN) to support Infusion and Injection treatments in clinic and homecare settings within the Ottawa, ON area.
The Infusion Nurse (RPN) provides specialized infusion and injection therapies and nursing services to oncology, auto-immune and rare disease patients in outpatient clinics or homecare settings. Effective coordination and communications play an essential part in servicing patients, care givers and our clients. This position offers patients and healthcare providers with continuous education and support with regard to the diseases and therapies they are managing.
- Administer medications (IV, IM and SC) in the patient’s home or specialty clinics setting
- Monitor post-injection/infusion treatments as well as chart and report on all activities as directed by program protocols
- Provide patient education based on program protocols, individually or in groups
- Regular, predictable availability to meet appointment scheduling needs in an efficient and cost effective manner to provide patients with quick access to necessary therapies
- Coordinate daily with patients, case managers, physicians, scheduling and other departments to meet established timelines for scheduling appointments, treatments, and communication of information
- Participate regularly in telephone consultations and/or web based meetings/training sessions with the Business Area Manager to share information, and uphold professional practice standards
- Consult with physicians, pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients regarding education and implementation of product specific programs
- Adhere to professional nursing standards as prescribed by the professional associations and the company
- Work collaboratively within multidisciplinary health care team providing oversight and delegation of applicable tasks to RPN/LPNs as authorized by provincial college of nurses
- Qualified Registered Practical Nurse (valid provincial license from the College of Nurses)
- Healthcare provider CPR certificate required
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Registered Practical Nurse
- 1 year of regular IV initiation and infusion experience
- Experience in a critical care, emergency, acute care inpatient/outpatient or homecare setting are considered assets
- ACLS, CVAA Certification, and central venous lines/port experience are considered assets
- Proficient in MS Excel, Outlook (e-mail), and MS Word
- Access to a home computer with an internet connection, printer, fax machine, and cell phone for making and confirming appointments/assignments
- Flexibility in order to provide services for pre-scheduled and occasional last minute patient appointment requests
- Excellent customer service skills in dealing with patients, physicians, and our clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision as part of a larger remote team
- Able to travel to clinics and homecare appointments within a set geographical boundary
- Hold and maintain a valid, non-expired, unrestricted driver’s license
- Access to a reliable vehicle, and car insurance
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.