About the Role
Software Engineers at Remesh are helping build the world's most trustworthy approach to engaging and understanding massive groups of people in real-time. In doing so, we encounter real engineering problems every day that require a high level of sophistication and expertise. We deal with things like, improving and maintaining a highly available machine learning data pipeline, expanding our extremely high-volume real-time conversation platform, and improving our architecture and infrastructure to remain modular, maintainable, and performant.
As a software engineer at Remesh, you will be scaling a revolutionary means of communication and helping to change the way we understand people. In light of this, we look for strong critical thinking, problem solving, and reasoning abilities. The successful candidate should be excited to solve complex problems and motivated learners. Because we are using techniques on the edge of research, you'll need to be fluent in keeping up to date with the latest technologies so we can keep pushing our product into the future.
As a Software Engineer at Remesh focusing primarily on data visualization, you will be responsible for developing rich, interactive data visualizations including graphs, charts, and other dynamic data analysis tools. You will also be building, maintaining, and testing new and old features as a part of our core product and supporting software. You will work with a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, and designers to design and develop features to analyze and visualize on-platform insights. The following are the day-to-day responsibilities of a Software Engineer, Data Visualization:
- Writing, maintaining, and testing code
- Identifying and resolving issues, bugs, and requests
- Collaborating with product managers and designers to build engaging features and data visualizations for our users
- Supporting our internal teams with your engineering and data expertise
- Collaborating with other engineers to improve our codebase and the architecture and systems supporting it
- Working with other engineers to build complex features
- Proficiency in Python, R, Matplotlib, or another Python data visualization library
- 2 years of experience developing interactive data visualizations
- General knowledge of quantitative statistical analyses
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Ability and desire to collaboratively design high-dimensional data visualizations.
- Strong understanding of descriptive statistics and statistical analysis tools
- Demonstrated experience building complex data visualizations across various web platforms
- Demonstrated experience owning data analysis tool sets and data pipelines
- Demonstrated experience incorporating UX principles into data analysis tools
- Passionate about making data engaging and insightful
The Benefits of Working with Remesh
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Work-from-anywhere in the US