The MySQL/MariaDB Database Administrator (DBA) will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of all applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the Database Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
Responsibilities (in order of importance)
- Manage databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- 5+ years MySQL and MariaDB Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with LINUX servers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Advanced troubleshooting skills to drive to root cause.
- Candidate is expected to have a solid moral compass, a high level of ownership and desire to work in a high tempo work environment
- Extremely motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to deliver exceptional results in an exciting and rising company
- BS/BA Degree. Technical degree preferred is desirable, or equivalent experience
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment, though travel may expose employee to inclement weather conditions.
- Valid Driver's License and willingness to travel to various work and meeting locations.
- Insurable under the Company’s policy for driving and proof of personal vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with staff and clients.