We are a diverse team from around the world, on a mission to make DuckDuckGo the company people trust most with their online privacy, and we want your help!
Join us as a Senior macOS Engineer and help shape the DuckDuckGo experience across the macOS platform.
As part of our growing team you will collaborate with team members at all levels to identify and work to close major gaps in our product offering. Examples of projects you might work on include expanding our content blocking functionality, prototyping new macOS product ideas, or experiments to improve adoption and retention of our Safari App Extension. You will take direct responsibility of macOS application features, drive improvements, and own product maintenance.
We are fully-remote, and empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their projects. If you'd thrive in that environment, and our core values resonate with you -- build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction - you'll fit right in!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Help to identify opportunities to increase searches and enhance the standard of trust online.
- Lead projects from proposal through postmortem, assessing vague problems, proposing high impact solutions, and executing them against a set of success criteria.
- Own major application features and take responsibility for their maintenance and improvement over time.
- Play a key role in improving the software architecture.
- Step up to resolve product issues – large and small.
- Improve applications directly by proposing and implementing mobile solutions.
- Collaborate with peers remotely during product brainstorms, technical design discussions, pair programming sessions and code reviews.
- Write pragmatic, performant, and testable code that works consistently across devices.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Previous experience working on at least two large native macOS/iOS applications, at least one of which is macOS.
- Comfortable learning new languages and ideas.
- Application architecture experience.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns such as MVVM, MVP.
- Familiarity with concurrency, and memory management and how they apply to applications.
- Comfortable working with the different libraries and components on macOS.
- Experience collaborating with a cross-functional team including UI/UX.
- Experience or interest in project advisory, contributing strategically and/or mentoring.
Annual compensation: $144,000 USD and stock options.
Maintaining satisfaction at work is one of our company objectives, just like maintaining and improving our private search engine. Our Team Member Support Guide explains how we make you our top priority.
For over a decade, we've built a unique culture that helps us continuously improve job satisfaction and productivity. Want to know more? Check out DuckDuckGo Culture: How We Work for an overview of how we collaborate worldwide.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days).
- While this is a full-time job and we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
Hiring works best when it's a two-way street. Learn how we help you get to know DuckDuckGo and envision your future role here. Find out more about how we hire.
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE THAT
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
- By applying for this role, you confirm that information submitted is accurate and that you understand falsification is cause for denial of employment or termination.