If you want to take ownership of building out a scalable development framework, implementing processes and best practices, and driving performance and accountability, this is the next exciting step in your career.
With plans to grow their Development team by 50% and an influx of new funding, our client is positioned to scale rapidly. To support that growth, they are looking for a Director of Software Development.
What's in it for you
You will have the opportunity to forge your own path as you make a significant impact on the Development department and the company's future. Your initial focus will be overseeing the scaling of the team and SDLC processes. You will own and drive the delivery and scaling of people, processes, and development; gaining exposure across the organization and positioning yourself for further career growth.
What you will do:
- Build out an Agile product development framework that is resilient and scalable to guide new feature and solution builds.
- Define and drive priorities focusing initially on strengthening the legacy product, reducing tech debt, and planning deliverables.
- Apply metrics and forecasting to make results-based recommendations on methodologies, team growth, and delivery planning.
- Collaborate with peers, colleagues, and stakeholders within the company to help influence direction, gather feedback, achieve your team's goals, and remove roadblocks.
- Work with Product Management to ensure alignment on the overall roadmap and release strategy.
- Coach and mentor 6-8 development managers, providing day-to-day guidance and ensuring engagement through access to professional development and career opportunities.
- Implement best practices and support the investigation and adoption of new and emerging software delivery practices and technologies.
What you bring to the team
The people leadership experience. You have five years of progressive experience in software product development in a leadership role: building, coaching, mentoring, and managing high-performing technical teams. You have extensive hands-on experience executing a SaaS cloud product roadmap, improving software delivery, and coordinating people and activities. You have a demonstrated ability to identify, implement and measure coding best practices and a proven track record of ensuring high-quality code, driving change at scale, and directing cross-team initiatives. Ideally, you have experience in an Agile CI/CD environment.
We know that not everyone gains their skills the same way. Even if you don't meet all of the requirements above, we'd love to hear from you! While we can't guarantee an interview, we promise to consider the full breadth of your experience. Express your interest here.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please specify your requirements when submitting your application, and we will work with you to accommodate your needs.