Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment experiences. The Company presents or hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre and The Chicago Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has announced plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary approvals. In addition, the Company features the original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com.
The Data Architect is a member of the Information Technology Data Platforms organization and is responsible for leading all aspects of data design, data platform architecture, and enhancements of cloud-based big-data platforms used for analytics and data integration of business systems and customer-facing applications. The Data Architect has experience designing and developing complex streaming and batch data platforms using industry leading data management frameworks. This individual has a diverse technical aptitude across technology disciplines including network, storage, system administration, software engineering, and cloud platforms. This outcomes-oriented person enjoys architecting data system blueprints and is experienced with multiple programming methodologies and automated delivery pipelines. This individual will also collaborate with business partners and data scientists to design and build data solutions spanning MSG’s iconic brands including the Knicks, Rangers, and The Rockettes. The Data Architect will work closely with business partners to develop solutions that establish MSG as a leader in the use of data by making actionable insights available to drive unparalleled guest experiences and outstanding business performance.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Provide senior-level engineering leadership in the architecture, design, and implementation of our AWS cloud-based data platform. Design and continuously maintain and enhance the use and integration of AWS data platform services such as Glue, Lake Formation, s3, Lambda, Kinesis, Redshift and more.
- Partner with senior engineers in the Technology organization across network, systems, security, App Dev to ensure Data Platform infrastructure is optimally installed, configured, and secure. Lead representation of the Data Platform team in assessing the impact of a continuously evolving Technology ecosystem on Data Platform infrastructure and propose changes required to meet the needs of the Technology organization.
- Propose and lead POCs of latest cloud services and data platform technology that will enhance and/or optimize the operation and management of the Enterprise Data Platform.
- Provide senior-level data engineering leadership to peer and junior engineers on the design and implementation of real-time and batch-based data pipelines. Develop and provide guidance on development of object-oriented, high-performance Python applications to meet the analytics and production data needs of the business. Utilize Python data frameworks such as Pandas and NumPy to populate the enterprise data lake using structured formats (json, parquet, orc), and unstructured formats.
- Drive automation through data integration across on-premise, and cloud based systems and processes
- Provide technical leadership to team members on moderate to highly complex data applications and on working with large scale data platforms
- Triage and resolve complex data quality and performance issues across all areas of MSG's data solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years’ experience designing and building data lakes in big data environments
- 7+ years’ experience designing dimensional data models in a data warehouse environment (preferably Kimball methodology)
- Expertise developing SQL based ETL/ELT applications
- Proficiency developing applications in an MPP data warehouse (Redshift, BigQuery, Netezza, Teradata)
- 5+ years’ experience developing with Python in a data platform environment, specifically working with Pandas and NumPy.
- 5+ years’ experience working in AWS, with demonstrated expertise in Glue, s3, Lake Formation, Sagemaker, Redshift, Kinesis, SQS
- Expertise using ETL tools, Talend Data Management Platform a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Knowledgeable about Machine Learning concepts and experience with deploying ML pipelines
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage with business stakeholders to effectively translate business requirements into technical solutions
- High level of enthusiasm for building innovative data solutions
EducationCandidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
EEO StatementAt MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
Join Our Talent Community
No time to apply? Take a minute to drop us your information and become part of our talent community