Econolite has a new opportunity within the Software Development group. In this position, you will be contributing extensively to core algorithms and backend codebase of several products. You will be key in devising solutions to complex problems, improving algorithm effectiveness, execution efficiency, and enhancing the products capabilities. The applications and algorithms we create at Econolite help millions of individuals on a daily basis. We strive to improve the motoring public’s quality of life, through better transportation efficiency, safety, and sustainability.
This role is focused on Algorithm and Backend development related to Econolite’s newest Mobility and Centracs products. In this role you will be a key contributor in development of new algorithm functionality, such as traffic signal optimizations:
- Creating new code and services that solve complex problems
- Creating or enhancing backend service code to be more efficient or cost effective
- General development as needed- such as in support of projects
- Creation of models or test applications for the purpose of testing algorithms
- Troubleshooting and debugging code/algorithms
- Assist in documentation or knowledge transfer to technical writers for new functionality
The candidate will possess keen analytical and problem-solving skills, strong background building enterprise grade software at scale, and a mindset of continual learning. Candidates must be self-motivated individuals that proactively seek to grow their knowledge base and progress in their careers.
- 7+ years of experience in software development of enterprise systems
- Extensive experience solving complex analytical problems
- Background in statistics, machine learning and/or AI
- 7+ years of experience programming with high-level programming language: C#, C++, Python, Java, etc.
- Experience with microservices, containerization, Kubernetes, kafka, and cloud hosting desired
- Education: Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering field
- Traffic domain experience is desirable
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V - Non-Smoking Facility - Drug Free Workplace
By submitting an application for employment, I the applicant, certify that all of the above information (including resume and other attachments) is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I authorize Econolite to request information from my previous employers and school officials and I release all concerned from any liability for furnishing such information. In the event of employment, I understand that willful omission, falsification or misrepresentation may constitute grounds for termination. It should be remembered, that employment is the mutual consent of Econolite and the employee. Consequently, either the employee or the Econolite can terminate the relationship “at will.”
In consideration of my employment, I agree to conform to all of the policies, rules and standards of the Company. I understand and agree to submit to a drug-screening and background check as part of a conditional offer of employment, and any other lawful pre-employment screening tests. I also understand that an offer of employment by the Company is conditional upon successfully passing a company-provided medical examination/drug screen and background screen. I understand that my refusal to take the medical examination/drug screen will cause the contingent offer of employment to be withdrawn and/or terminated if employed.