Experience level: Architect
Hello! Are you ready to work from home and transform your career?
We're looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps Architect (AWS) to join the team at Modus. Want to build awesome solutions? Are you interested in working from home with the best talent on the planet? Then keep reading.
You love optimization and automation. Building and deploying consistently is second nature for you. You walk the line between software development and system administration.
This is a senior-level position. That means you enjoy working with people and mentoring others. Your technical skills are top-notch but you know that the social ones are just as important. You're an excellent communicator who has a knack for knowing when everyone isn't on the same page and getting them there. You can deal with stress and uncertainty, and lead the team away from them. You don't need to be told what to do, because when you see something that needs doing, you do it.
As an architect, you gather and document requirements from stakeholders to turn into actionable battle plans. You don't make all the technology choices, but you ensure that they get made, facilitating discussion and consensus. You understand the parts of the whole, how they fit together, and how to orchestrate it so large teams can build large things in parallel.
You have experience in one or more of these areas:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Serverless Technologies
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Networking including VPC/APC, subnets, routing, firewalls
- Best practices for security and high availability in the cloud
- Infrastructure-as-Code with tools like terraform, CloudFormation
- Logging, monitoring, and alerts
- Provisioning and deployment with tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- Ci/CD Pipelines such as Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one programming/scripting language
You are comfortable working in an agile environment with a globally distributed team. You’ve got the discipline to work autonomously, and the communication skills to collaborate with your team. Having overlap with your team is critical when working in a global remote team. Modus requires all team members to overlap with EST morning hours daily. In addition, reliable high-speed internet is a must.
Things You Might Do
Modus is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts
- Travel and meet great people- as part of our remote-first lifestyle, it's important that we come together as needed to work together, meet each other in person and have fun together. Please keep that in mind when you apply.
- Teach and be taught: Modus creates active teams that work in internal and external projects together, giving opportunities to stay relevant with the latest technologies and learning from experts worldwide
- Interact directly with internal and external clients to represent Modus and its values
Why Modus Create:
Our Benefits may vary according to the country you are located in, so please reach out to our recruiter in case you have any questions.
If you become a contractor we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% Remote work (could vary according to the client's needs)
- Travel according to client's needs
- The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Do you have what it takes? Apply today!