We are currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join the Lumen team. In this role, you will be a key member of a high-performing software development team that builds and maintains billing consolidation and financial data transformation systems. We are looking for a skilled, hands-on full-stack software engineer with a proven ability to deliver high-quality software results in a collaborative, team-oriented, fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be able to understand business requirements and relate them to the design and implementation of technical user stories. They will be able to participate in design reviews and demos as a member of an agile team. They will be able to operate both within a multi-location, global team and independently to design and develop complex software systems, web services and integrations between various related systems. We are seeking a strong team-player with a positive, resilient attitude who enjoys working with other talented software professionals to deliver valuable results to our stakeholder community.
The Main Responsibilities
- Advanced software engineering using modern software languages and architecture patterns
- Up-to-date knowledge of current trends in software development
- Developing new enterprise web services in REST using the latest patterns
- Developing various database schemas and complex SQL queries
- Maintaining and resolving issues in a highly complex integration architecture
- Supporting various testing cycles including unit testing, integration, UAT & regression testing
- Leveraging CI/CD pipelines as part of DevOps platforms to deliver code into test and production
- Following up with application owners to resolve issues as needed
- Performing development-tier production support and software release activities within a team rotation
- Providing status on assignment tasks/daily standup tasks
- Participating in and being a member of a multi-location, global software development team
- Mentoring others in various technical areas, including business processes implemented in the team's applications and the creation and delivery of designs and solutions in accordance with architectural direction.
- Engagement in all aspects of the software development life cycle, including requirements review, design, coding, code reviews, testing, deployment, and warranty support.
- Leading others in the application of principles, theories, concepts and use of software methodologies, tools, documentation processes, security protocols, and test procedures to successfully deliver projects.
- Contributing to design and architecture solutions for telecommunication workflow and order management systems. Assist with evaluation of future state technologies.
- Working with Software Analysts, Scrum Masters/Team Coaches, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business impacting projects.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Significant experience with integration technologies including SOAP, RESTful Web Services, micro-services, SQL, SOAP Services, REST Services, GIT.
- Significant software development experience with business process management workflow and order management systems
- Understanding of enterprise databases including Oracle
- Ability to write and understand complex SQL queries, relational and non-relational data models
- Experience with data structuring standards including XML and JSON
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git and GitHub
- Automation tools including Jenkins
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM software development methodology lifecycles
- Strong people skills - effective communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and empowered environment
- Self-starter, can-do attitude within a fast-moving business and technical environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, time management, and oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated history of software development roles with expanding responsibilities and corresponding successful deliveries over time
- 6+ years professional experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent education and experience. 8+ years with a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Candidates with additional demonstrated technical skills in the following areas: Splunk, Kafka, Cloud message APIs and technologies, Scaled Agile
Nice to have:
Business Process Modeling