DEPARTMENT: Administration (IT)
REPORTS TO: Sr. Vice President of Administration
Responsible for the overall planning, budgeting, organizing, and execution of IT and Information Security functions. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. Develops the overall Information Security Strategy and Program and executes that plan to ensure corporate Information Security needs are met.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and prioritizes the workload of the IT, Information Security, and Facilities teams.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the clients and proposes technical solutions as needed.
- Leads the Technology Steering Committee including driving the agenda, managing stakeholder expectations and developing and maintaining strategic technology roadmaps for the enterprise.
- Assesses Information Security Risk for the enterprise and establishes a program for regular review and updating of risk.
- Leads the Information Security Management Group, producing the Information Security Policy and Information Security Incident Response Plan, along with annual security updates to the Board of Directors. Coordinates approval of all corporate security documentation.
- Plans, leads, and tracks IT projects from ideation to completion.
- Ensures the consistency and sustainability of existing software applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for solutions.
- Develops annual IT budget, seeks and acquires stakeholder approval, and manages spending throughout the year.
- Manages vendor relationships for Information Security and Information Technology needs; provides review and approval to the organization for any technology related procurement. This includes services, hardware, and software.
- Serves as the IT liaison for Farm Bureau customers. Serves as facilitator for IT Volume Purchase Agreements. Attends Farm Bureau IT related conferences and networks with the customers.
- Act as a liaison between IT and other departments in the organization. Leads the effort to build consensus regarding IT projects and solutions.