We are hiring Mobile Native Application Developers on our mobile banking team with experience building applications in the Swift and Kotlin languages. This is a minimum 6-month contract with the opportunity for extension or conversion to FTE. We're looking for you to help us build and maintain some of our client's mobile apps that are used by over 180 financial institutions around the US. You will need to deliver updates for new features available in the SDK, enhancements to the white-labeled experiences, and implement improvements for security and bug fixes.
The work you produce must be well documented because it will be consumed and tested by external teams. And you should be comfortable working closely with other experienced engineers and have a patient understanding of requirements bound to banking rules and regulations.
We are looking for someone who is kind, fair, flexible, and calm. Here are some real examples of the work you will be doing:
- Following a scrum agile approach to keep dev tasks planned, groomed, and sized
- Be responsible for maintaining and expanding the feature set of applications
- Write unit, snapshot, and integration test and reporting the results in a consumer-friendly manner
- Dealing with nuances across mobile and web platforms
- Educating other developers about your work through well-documented specifications and screen-captured videos
- Honest, mature, committed and ensure a high level of communication
*Denotes a must-have
- Minimum 4+ years of native development experience with Swift or Kotlin in a production environment*
- Flutter and Dart experience is a plus (optional!)
- Track record of being a team player and performing peer code reviews
- Bachelors / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant real-world experience
- Ability to take ownership of work items and help cultivate new ones with a Product-first mindset*
- Expert iOS (or Android) platform mobile application development skills*
- Domain-driven design experience within distributed systems*
- Expert-level knowledge: Object-Oriented Programming*
- GraphQL & REST API concepts and implementation patterns
- Cloud-native / managed services exposure
- Familiarity with hybrid applications
- Experience with distributed architectures
- Experience with building Kotlin coroutines on Android
- Familiarity with MVVM architecture patterns
- Comfortable utilizing Service Locators
- Swift, Java or Kotlin*
- Flutter (optional!)
- Dart (optional!)
- XCode/Android Studio/VS Code
- Cocoa Pods
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Familiarity with Rest APIs*
- Apple Store Connect
- Google Play Console
- Familiarity with GraphQL queries
- Exposure to E2E testing tools
- Charles Proxy
We are looking for an experienced candidate who’s ready for a senior role. A bachelor's or master’s degree is not enough. You must have a proven record of working with medium-sized teams shipping production-quality code.
There is a lot to be responsible for and own. You will not know the answers to everything so it is critical that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and that you understand how these skills help you to stay resourceful and take initiative. That passion you have for learning new things has paid dividends in the past.
This is a remote job. But you will be expected to work 8 hours of overlap time with CET (Plano, TX). You are driven to work with people across the globe and are respectful and courteous to backgrounds and circumstances while promoting a healthy sense of urgency because after all, you love to ship top-flight products. And you understand that the best product of all is a well cultivated and positive culture amongst those you appreciate calling your Team.