Job ID: 288844
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Reporting to the Electrical Manager, this position is responsible for direct supervision of the hourly workforce that provide electrical maintenance to the company plant equipment. This includes providing direction and support during to the electrical maintenance personnel during routine maintenance of electrical equipment, diagnosis of causes of breakdowns, removal, replacement, and installation of various components. A working knowledge of PLC’s, instrumentation, sensors, motors & motor controls, circuit breakers, relays, transformers, VFDs, and Continuous Environmental Monitoring (CEM) systems are required.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Health & Safety - responsible for maintaining a safe working environment by enforcing all safety guidelines and ensuring compliance under legislation and Corporate requirements.
- Provide supervision for and organize all Electrical internal and external Personnel.
- Involved with planning for weekly maintenance activities and projects, as well as short and long outage activities such as kiln and mill shutdowns.
- Direct maintenance and repairs for PLCs, instrumentation, sensors, motors, circuit breakers, relays, transformers, VFDs, and other electrical equipment during process system shutdowns.
- Produce notifications, work orders and requisitions for various needed materials and services.
- Assist in preparing 5 year plan and annual budgeting forecasts.
- Responsible for determining the training needs of all supervised personnel.
- Organize payroll information for all mechanical maintenance personnel, organize and maintain vacation times, banked times, and training schedules.
- Coordinate and assist engineering department with various projects in assigned area of responsibility.
- College diploma as part of an apprenticeship (electrician apprenticeship) or University degree in Engineering or other technical field preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience working within a heavy industrial, manufacturing environment, with at least 5 years in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of cement plant or other heavy industry operations and processes
- Occupational Health and Safety knowledge
- Knowledge of electrical and instrumentation maintenance and related terms and procedures
- Computer literate for all MS Office software and specific applications such as SAP preferred
- Implements OH&S Mission - Ensures alignment of OH&S activities arising from Companies OH&S mission
- Ensures relevant actions are taken so that OH&S requirements are met
- Identifies Hazards & Control Risks - Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are implemented thoroughly
- Manages Incidents - Drives committed and effective incident management
- Leads for Performance – Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals
- Analysis and Problem-Solving – Effectively examine events, issues, and problems. Generate optimal solutions in a timely manner
- Drives Change and Innovation – Champion new ideas, initiatives and create an environment that supports change and innovation
- Manages Execution – Ensure achievement of business goals. Enlists support and commitment from employees
- Communications – Communicate with impact and create an environment in which people communicate honestly and openly. Encourages employee feedback and follows through with input suggestions
- Cultivates Relationships and Networks – Develops and leverages effective networks and relationships with others inside and outside of the organization
- Adapts and Learns – Works effectively in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities and rapid change while actively developing one’s skills and capabilities
- Fosters Teamwork and Cooperation – Foster a sense of collaboration and work effectively across the organization to achieve goals
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physically able to climb ladders and scaffolds and work upon platforms
- Industrial/manufacturing working environment, subject to hazards such as electrical shock/arc flash, noise, dust, heat, etc.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.