Information Services Systems Operator
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking an Information Services Systems Operator for a 6 month contract in Edmonton, Alberta.
Information Services Systems Operator Job Details
The Information Services Systems Operator II follows and suggests improvements to established procedures to ensure continued processing and running of critical banking and IS operations services. Additionally, the Systems Operator II is required to perform daily batch posting, create production log incidents, notify the Service Desk on outages and contact on call support staff to resolve production issues. The operator must apply appropriate responses and escalation procedures to ensure downtimes are minimal.
Information Services Systems Operator ResponsibilitiesCore Duties
- Monitor managed systems.
- Monitor events.
- Monitor batch processes.
- Deploy GECS jobs in production and Disaster Recovery.
- Monitor data center facilities.
- Monitor network connections to branches.
- Back-up and restore files.
- Restore services when systems fail.
- Log, escalate and resolve production related incidents.
- Transfer files to external parties.
- Receive files from external parties.
- Recommend improvements to system operating procedures.
- Execute Event Management processes to monitor significant system events, log abnormal events, investigate events and escalate to next level support.
- Collaborate with Service Desk, Database, Infrastructure and Applications functions to manage events.
- Recommend improvements to Event Management.
- Monitor production batch jobs.
- Process all production batch jobs.
- Restart production jobs where authorized and as documented by Database, Infrastructure or Applications functions.
- Escalate production job, server and network failures to Database, Infrastructure or Applications functions. •
- Recommend changes to the production schedule to improve delivery.
- Verify requests to back-up and restore files, file systems or databases.
- Set-up back-up and restore jobs as requested.
- Execute scheduled and ad hoc back-up jobs and ad hoc restores.
- Monitor scheduled jobs, tape and disc usage.
- Record retention of back-up files as required.
- Support relationship with suppliers for media transportation and storage.
- Manage offsite tape storage and scratch tape inventory.
- Escalate issues with back-up and restore to Infrastructure function.
- Recommend improvements to systems or processes for back-up and restore.
- Restore services when systems fail as per documented instructions.
- Log, escalate, resolve and close all production incidents.
- Support major incident response.
- Support the Service Desk with managing user communication during system outages.
- Take responsibility for System Outage Incidents (Production Logs) on your shift. Ensure open incidents are transitioned to the next shift or escalated.
- Provide tier I support for system incidents, escalating as outlined by the Systems Operations processes.
- Recommend improvements to systems or procedures to reduce the impact of incidents.
- Verify requests to perform Secure File Transfers.
- Schedule Secure File Transfers.
- Perform Secure File Transfers.
- Monitor Secure File Transfers.
- Escalate issues related to Secure File Transfers to Infrastructure or Security.
- Recommend improvements to systems or procedures for File Transfers.
- Contribute to system operating and monitoring procedures, production schedule and escalation lists and procedures.
- Contribute to Production Support procedures that are specific to the support of a defined Production Support service, such as Captivation.
- Learn new or changed procedures.
- Learn to use new tools or techniques.
- Follow established procedures. Ask if uncertain.
- Complete production and system operations reports as per procedures.
- Recommend improvements to production and system operations reports.
- Complete actions on Production Logs, Outage Reports and Problem Records to stabilize production services.
- Maintain an awareness of advances in production support technology, processes and best practices.
- Recommend innovations to management as warranted.
Information Services Systems Operator Mandatory Skills
- Three to five years of Computer Operations experience preferably in Financial Services.
- Good user level knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of incident Management tools.
- Understanding of Orchestration & Automation.
- Must demonstrate thorough understanding of Windows and Windows Server OS.
- Working knowledge of Linux OS.
- Working knowledge of OS Command Line Interface (CLI)
- University, college or technical degree in information technology or business. • Alternatively, extensive proven track record in the position’s primary responsibility areas within the Financial Sector.
- Weekend or shift work, available to travel, etc.
- The business may from time to time ask for branch and/or department support for special projects and/or areas experiencing staff shortages. All employees may be asked to volunteer to assist in areas of need during these times. These assignments could result in a change of hours, location, and/or travel.
Information Services Systems Operator Nice to Have Skills
- Working knowledge of virtualization and container technologies highly desired but not mandatory.
- Automation & Orchestration and ITSM delivery tools such as Frontrange ITSM, Self Service and the Service Catalogue for Service Management processes would be preferred.
- A certificate in any of the technical areas above would be an asset.
Information Services Systems Operator Assignment Length
6 months (until Oct. 31, 2021 with potential to extend beyond)
Information Services Systems Operator Location
Information Services Systems Operator Start Date