Please submit resume/CV in French and in English.
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in 81,000 cities and more than 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 20,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process Canadian payroll for 2 entities using Workday Payroll
- Work closely with our Talent and Benefits team to ensure proper workflow, information sharing and adequate documentation for payroll support
- Work closely with the Equity team for reporting requirements for stock transactions and administrative support for the ESPP program.
- Audit and maintain back up to support all variable payments such as bonus and commission payments.
- Responsible for reviewing, auditing and providing reports for our RRSP plan
- Work closely with the Accounting team for reconciliations and questions during month and quarter end.
- Responsible for issuing T4s and other year end statements
- Work to solve payroll related issues and maintain the ticketing system, JIRA as well and maintaining the employee resource site for payroll related items.
- Work closely with the No. American Payroll Manager and the rest of the Global Payroll team to provide support where needed and be the point of contact for all Canada payroll related questions.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Strong proficiency in Canadian tax rules with an emphasis on Quebec and Ontario
- Fluent in both French and English
- Minimum of 8 years payroll experience
- Public company experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of basic payroll accounting procedures and SOX controls
- Understanding of HR and Payroll systems such as Workday and ADP
- Good communication skills and have an understanding of providing world class support to employees
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in excel