jacapps is seeking a versatile, experienced web developer. The selected candidate will be a key member of our team and will be focused on building useful and widely used web sites, database applications, web tools, etc. They will work with our senior web developer and mobile app developers to integrate these systems to meet product and client needs. Ideally, the right candidate will have over two years of work experience and be comfortable following company standards as well as contributing to already in progress projects and starting new projects fresh. A good team attitude, ability to work with different people and on multiple projects, and excellent self accountability are all traits that will make this person successful.
- Experience with using one or more of the following to take a design into a website or application: Sketch, InVision, AdobeXD, Prisma
- Expert level experience with HTML5, CSS3 and CSS Preprocessors - SASS, LESS, etc.
- Proficiency with version control using Git
- Understanding of RESTful services and service oriented architecture
- Familiarity with both MySQL Databases and nosql databases (ie MongoDB, Firebase)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Familiarity within the Amazon Web Services suite (especially EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda)
- JAMstack experience (Gatsby, Next.js)
- a sense of humor and/or a love of oreos