Classification: Legal Assistant
Compensation: $45000.00 to $52000.00 yearly
You can grow your legal career as a Legal Assistant at this growing legal organization, if you are highly skilled and motivated. Are you a motivated self-starter and standout colleague with good computer skills and ability to multi-task? We might have a job for you. This full-time Legal Assistant employment is based in the Toronto, Ontario area. This job will be right for you if you have a real passion for the legal industry. This could be the job for you, if you dream of being a Legal Assistant.
How you will make an impact
- Monitor deadlines and maintain the case calendar
- Compose court filings, sometimes electronically
- Produce a variety of documents and correspondence
- Maintain consistent confidentiality
- Assemble correspondence and pleadings, as well as make arrangements for service on parties
- Aid attorneys with key discovery and client intake
- Answer incoming phone calls and assist with handling phone lines when at high volume
- Take part in the preparation of exhibit binders for depositions, hearings and trials
- Ensure documents have copies in hard form as well as within the electronic document systemJob Requirements- High-level skills in Internet research, calendaring, word processing and spreadsheets
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Excellent telephone etiquette and keyboard skills
- Command of employment law
- Solid understanding of employee employment law
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- 2+ years of previous legal work experience and a dedication to integrity
- Able to handle multiple assignments, work well under pressure, and have the flexibility to assist the team in meeting client demands on accelerated schedules
- Demonstrated enthusiasm to learn new ideas and concepts
- Detailed and have the ability work independently
Are you looking to take the next step in your legal career? A dynamic, growing firm could have an excellent opportunity for you. We want to hear from anyone who is eager to work who loves working in a strong team-oriented environment.
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with remote or on-site jobs on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide teams for complex projects, including litigation, eDiscovery, data privacy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [ Phone number blocked ] . All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.