As a part of Amadeus, Travel Audience is the world’s leading data-driven travel advertising platform. The business unit harnesses the power of cutting edge machine learning practices to connect the leading performance-oriented advertisers with the biggest network of publishers, reaching millions of travellers. The strategy is to optimize advertising across the entire traveler journey, identify and create new audiences, and increase our partners reach, relevance, and booking volumes.
We are searching for a (Senior) Backend Engineer to join our team. You will be combining your passion for technology and have a direct impact on the lives of millions of travellers, while also helping travel audience in becoming the global leader in data-driven advertising for the entire travel industry.
What you will do:
- You'll be part of the team responsible for design, development, maintenance and operation of the programmatic advertisement and ad delivery components of our system: a set of Go applications, some of them soft real-time;
- You'll design & implement new features, write unit and integration tests, tune monitoring and alerting;
- You'll work closely with Data Scientists in experimentation and optimisation of the business logic, leveraging machine learning and mathematical models;
- You'll actively contribute to improving quality & managing technical debt;
- You'll have the opportunity to participate in managing the infrastructure, capacity planning & optimising costs;
- You'll participate in architecture and design discussions, actively influencing the evolution of the architecture to meet new business requirements;
- You'll always be on a quest to look for better tools and solutions that match the new requirements better.
Why join us
As part of our team, you will work in a highly motivated environment, with equal opportunities, flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes. You’ll have a lot of freedom to contribute your own ideas and implement them. We offer you:
- The opportunity to drive business growth and truly having an impact on the business;
- The opportunity of taking an impactful role in a fast-paced industry where you handle new problems every day;
- The opportunity to work on a system that already handles many thousands of requests per second (per instance) and processes terabytes of data per day - and you will have the opportunity to help to push it further;
- The chance to experience working on a soft real-time system - designed to reliably respond in tens of milliseconds;
- You have gained significant experience with software development, writing idiomatic Go code, and are familiar with the tooling of the Go programming language;
- You worked with at least 5 of these technologies: Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform or other cloud computing environments,Prometheus, Grafana, protobuf, gRPC, Kafka, Aerospike or other key-value or document databases, PostgreSQL or other SQL databases, microservice architecture;
- Work experience in production environments with high-traffic and/or high uptimes (HA, 24/7), or strong proficiency with performance optimization it's a plus;
- It's a big advantage if you are experienced with programmatic advertisement (eg. Google RTB or OpenRTB) or real-time/soft real-time environments;
- You are a quick learner, you believe in continuous improvement and you are good at analytical problem solving;
- You can communicate well and are a first-class team player;
- You can speak, write and express yourself in English – our company’s working language – in a professional context.
We are awaiting your application and looking forward to starting our journey together!