MayStreet Inc. has immediate opening for a Senior Technical Writer. Building on recent successes, MayStreet now needs a self-starter who can quickly deliver documentation supporting its world-class market data transformation and delivery platforms. This is a full-time remote position.
Who we are
MayStreet is a global software company Headquartered in New York City, servicing the world’s top capital markets trading companies. We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. Historically it’s been nearly impossible for all but a select few firms to make use of much of this data. MayStreet solves this problem by managing collection, storage and providing API access to uniquely high-quality data sets.
What you’ll do
The ideal candidate will bring both tech writing expertise as well as an ability to interact with a team of senior developers who build state-of-the art data streaming systems, tools and custom data handling pipelines for capital markets clients. Writing projects will include API specifications, feed handler usage guides, basic user guides for semi-technical users, system release notes and instructional sheets.
- Extensive writing experience (5+ years) in a financial technology environment
- Wall St. technology experience, capital markets, investment banking, basic knowledge of trading floor and electronic trading principles
- Basic knowledge of exchange methodologies and securities transaction fundamentals
- Market data know-how, knowledge of basic securities and commodities data flows
- Ability to work in a fast-moving tech-entrepreneur environment
- Graphic design skills, for building clear and concise process flow diagrams
- Skills with automated document publishing pipelines, including familiarity with Pandoc, Latex and Markdown markup language
- Project management experience, the ability to work alone and hit sudden documentation deadlines
- Degree(s) in English, journalism and/or engineering
- Ability to smartly manage libraries of technical documents
- Requires a working knowledge of basic office tools, including MS Office, Jira, Confluence, Google Docs/Drive/Chat, screen shot technology, VPN access, teleconferencing, PDF doc generation, bit-mapped graphic creation/editing
Good to have
- Some working knowledge of the tools/prog. languages used at MayStreet, including C++, Python, Git (GitLab, GitHub), Markdown, Gerrit, Linux command line, cloud technologies (AWS, Wasabi), JSON
- Social skills to manage relationships with senior developers, and see projects through to completion
- Ability to adjust and rapidly compose sales/marketing proposals when needed
- Facility with sales/marketing language styling, as opposed to straight tech writing
- Experience working directly with hi-profile clients and government agencies
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid medical, dental and vision insurance package
- 401K with matching
- Company stock options
- Generous personal-time-off package
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Small team with growth opportunity
- Exposure to all aspects of the financial technology services industry
MayStreet is an equal opportunity employer.