Classification: Legal Assistant
Legal Assistants aiming to develop their legal careers with a successful legal organization will be interested in this opportunity. This position is for candidates who have competency with computers, along with ambition, organization skills, passion for the field, and the ability to take on multiple tasks at once. This full-time Legal Assistant employment is based in the Toronto, Ontario area. Don't wait to apply with Robert Half Legal if you think you're a good fit!
Your responsibilities in this role
- Partake in preparing exhibit binders for depositions, hearings and trials
- Produce a variety of documents and correspondence
- File hard copies of documents as well as maintain the electronic document system
- Assist attorneys with client intake and key discovery
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Take incoming phone calls and lend an extra ear when phone lines at high volume
- Assemble court filings, sometimes electronically when required
- Maintain case calendar and monitor deadlines
- Assemble correspondence and pleadings, as well as make arrangements for service on partiesJob Requirements- Demonstrated enthusiasm to learn new ideas and concepts
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Excellent phone etiquette and ability to establish rapport with diverse clientele
- 2+ years of previous legal work experience and a dedication to integrity
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Demeanor to thrive in a high-paced environment, requiring exceptional organizational skills, juggling priorities, and adhering to strict deadlines
- Expert-level skills in Internet research, calendaring, word processing and spreadsheets
- Strong communication and social skills and able to receive criticism well
- Family law experience
If you're looking for an excellent opportunity, you could take the next step in your legal career as part of thie dynamic, growing firm. This position is for someone who is eager to work in a strong team-oriented environment. If that's you, we want to hear from you!
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with remote or on-site jobs on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide teams for complex projects, including litigation, eDiscovery, data privacy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [ Phone number blocked ] . All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.