Edquity is an anti-poverty technology company that helps colleges improve students’ basic needs and financial security by increasing access to emergency resources and funding. To help students, including the 3 million who drop out every year due to a time sensitive financial crisis, Edquity provides partner colleges with a mobile app and web platform that helps students overcome financial emergencies. With Edquity, students can apply for emergency cash grants, discover emergency resources, and more.
In the wake of COVID-19, students and partners need Edquity more than ever, as Congress has provided $32 billion in emergency aid. Edquity is quickly scaling to ensure it can administer hundreds of millions of dollars to support millions of students during this crisis.
Edquity has raised over $6.5MM in funding from some of the leading impact and postsecondary success investors and has also received support from foundations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Edquity seeks an Engineering Operations Manager to lead a team working on infrastructure projects and maintaining sophisticated tools that improves development workflow and overall efficiency. This position will be responsible for leading our engineering operations team in the delivery of products that drive outcomes for students. In addition, this position will foster the development and growth of individual engineers and the engineering team as a whole.
- Improve existing tools and evaluate new technologies by implementing observability metrics
- Improve the quality of our existing infrastructure by implementing automated monitoring and recovery systems for new and existing services
- Champion and implement efficiency and usability improvements across their domain
- Guide your team to build and deliver high quality products at scale
- Mentor other engineers, build an open and inclusive team, cultivate agile methodologies, and foster a culture of sustainable tech health
- At least 5-7 years of experience in an infrastructure engineering role
- At least 2 years in a technical leadership and people management role preferred
- Record of setting useful success metrics and measuring against them
- A passion to solve the financial barriers college students face
- Consistent record of managing software projects with interrelated dependencies
- A high level of empathy
- A high level of attention to detail
- Fully Paid Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Generous Parental Leave Benefits
- 401k matching
- Professional Development Stipend
- Potential for Equity
- Many others!
Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.