ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is more than a business, it’s a movement. As the leader in the financial mindfulness category, Happy Money delivers digitally-native financial tools and services for human happiness™ through a purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers. Happy Money is creating a connected ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 100,000 members pay off over $2 billion in credit card debt. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has over 300 employees across the U.S.
Happy Money. A Happier Future.™
ABOUT THE ROLE
Happy Money’s data ecosystem is a critical component of our current and future business strategy. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are innovative, and long for the opportunity to build and deliver data and science driven solutions to market, we want you to join our Data Confidence team.
As the Data Analyst for the Data Confidence team, you will envision and execute on a strategy to enable incisive, real-time decision-making. Your data strategy will encompass how data will be generated, collected, and consumed. As part of Happy Money’s Data Confidence team, you’ll dive deep into how we use data (big and small) and the science to power our research, risk modeling, and member experience. Your performance will be measured by the impact of the data, as well as your ability to work with and inspire a high-performing, cross-functional team.
This position is 100% remote (US only)
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Be an important part of the realization of the Data Confidence data strategy
- Develop data insights as a cross cutting concern across all products
- Help drive our business metrics and KPIs—steward insights and use of data
- Become an expert of our data platform, the data we manage, and the semantics of the data itself
- Be familiar with the product roadmaps for key internal development teams and vendors
- Work with cross functional teams to find and implement new tools, products, and partnerships
- Contribute along with the Directors of Data Confidence and Data Science the overall data architecture across the company and all product platforms
- Write requirement documentation, including goals, user personas, user stories, and data sources
- 3+ years of agile/lean process experience
- 5+ years of experience with the development and delivery of digital and online systems, with a focus on data systems
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related field OR relevant years of work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex ideas to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with financial systems and a basic understanding of accounting or lending practices
- Experience with data science and developing data visualizations
- Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder matrix and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to write your own SQL, build dashboards, and interpret your own experiments
- Experience with data aggregation and business intelligence tool sets
- Experience with modeling large data sets including concepts such as Entity Relationship Diagrams and Source to Target data mapping
- Expert knowledge of relational & non-relational databases
- Familiarity and affinity with mission oriented businesses and organizations
- Understanding of compliance regulations surrounding consumer financial data such as PCI, FCRA, GLBA, etc
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with Snowflake and Tableau
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!