Classification: Investment Accountant
Robert Half has partnered with a large Investment Management Corporation in Victoria BC to hire a Senior Investment Accountant. This position is an initial 18 month fixed term contract, with the possibility of finding a permanent role within the organization at the end of contract.
- Complete net asset valuation and accounting for pooled funds and perform reconciliations for segregated investments in accordance with procedures and internal control requirements
- Recommends changes to controls to address weaknesses or improve efficiencies
- Work with staff in other branches and departments to identify and resolve issues regarding the accounting for new investments and structures, both within pooled funds and on a segregated basis
- Analysis of trends and changes in investments and investment structures, to support management analysis for internal and external clients
- Communicate with custodian, asset classes, clients and other departments to resolve issues
- Prepare year-end financial statements for pooled funds and financial information for clients in accordance with policies and established standards
- Prepare regular management discussion and analysis of pooled fund performance
- Research new accounting standards that impact financial instruments including derivatives, prepare analysis and make recommendations on accounting policy changes and/or revised disclosures, and ensure that disclosures in audited pooled investment portfolio financial statements are in compliance with IFRS
- Provide support in the valuation of fixed income, public equity and derivative securities
- Complete year end pooled fund distributions and other tax calculations/information in accordance with established procedures
- Act as subject matter expert in working with Business Support Analysts to develop requirements and test solutions within the SimCorp Dimension testing and production environments.
- Provide training and assistance to other staff members as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA; CPA, CGA; CPA, CMA)
- Three to five years accounting experience
- Experience in investment/securities accounting
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- The ability to proactively look for ways to increase efficiencies in how work is performed
- Advanced level Excel skills and current experience with an industry standard accounting platform
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course
- Experience with SimCorp Dimension
Employees are able to work remotely until the end of August and the expectation is that all employees will return back to the office in Victoria, BC when it is safe to return, as it will be mandated within a reasonable time frame.
If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact Alex Westerlund at Robert Half Finance & Accounting.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [ Phone number blocked ] . All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.