Classification: Administrative Assistant
Compensation: $16.00 to $16.67 hourly
We are seeking a skilled and charismatic Mortgage Assistant to join our growing team! This is a direct contract role with a growing Mortgage Brokerage. Successful candidates must have strong communication skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to provide strong service to clients/customers.
The work schedule is 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday to Friday.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Managing files from the time they are approved by the lender until all of the lender’s conditions are met on the mortgage approval and the file are ready for funding.
• Updating the client mortgage files to outline the outstanding conditions on the file in CRM to keep other team members aware of the relevant details of the active mortgage file.
• Following up on documentation within a couple of hours of receipt.
• Submitting required documentation to lenders to fulfill all outstanding conditions of mortgage approvals.
• Preparing approval packages for clients once mortgage commitments are received from lenders.
• Ordering and reviewing client appraisals.
• Reviewing and satisfying lender and compliance requirements for consent, mortgage commitment, disclosure, amortization, and other relevant documents required for funding the mortgage.
• Receiving, reviewing, and approving supporting documentation from borrowers.
• Reviewing employment letters, pay stubs, and/or tax returns to validate income provided on application.
• Verifying asset statements to satisfy lender down payment verification requirements.
• Update realtors, lawyers, and loan officers on the file status, and maintain an open line of communication with the applicant throughout the processing period.
• Manage and execute social media accounts.Job Requirements
• Organized, meticulous, sound thinker, ability to think on your feet, ability to thrive in a changing environment.
• Dynamic and outgoing personality.
• Strong desire to fulfill clients' interests first and ultimately help people.
• Strong English communication skills.
• Experience in the financial and/or customer service-related fields is an added asset.
• Keen sense of adaptability in regards to process change and willingness to improve the way we work.
• Tech-savvy, with the ability to learn new platforms.
• Clear Criminal Background.
• 1-2 years of Mortgage/Insurance Experience.
• Post-Secondary Degree in Business Administration or related field & Mortgage Broker License is considered an asset.
• Proficient with MS Office Software. (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [ Phone number blocked ] . All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.