At BMW Car IT, a wholly owned subsidiary of BMW AG in Ulm, we live and breathe software. We are committed to modern development methodologies and tools like continuous integration, agile development, and test automation to design and implement innovative and high quality software that builds the foundation of the BMW cars.
Our department’s area of responsibility is the design and development of middleware components for a Linux based operating system in connected cars. We develop software that pulls all strings together, communicates with cloud services and realizes innovative customer functions inside the car. We work in areas of remote software update, telematics & connectivity, context-aware systems and application platforms.
What awaits you?
- You will extend our international team in the development of forward-looking software solutions for highly interconnected automotive software features.
- As part of our dynamic and agile team you will ensure robustness, performance, and security aspects within the software design.
- The result of your effort is high-quality software which becomes an integral part of BMW vehicles.
- You will be working in a modern development environment with tools such as C++14/17, Yocto Linux, CMake, Git/GitHub EE, Zuul CI.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in computer science or a comparable course of study.
- Excellent coding skills in Modern C++, including good API design, object-oriented and functional programming, as well as component-level software architecture.
- Expert knowledge in at least five of the following areas: Linux system programming, Networking, CMake, Yocto, Python, Boost, Security, multi-platform development.
- Self-driven and able to work independently as a member of a Scrum team.?
- Business-fluent English is required, German would be an advantage.
You’re a C++ developer with a strong passion for Linux and you want to join us on the journey to take BMW’s premium mobility to a new technological level? Apply now!
What do we offer?
- 30 days of vacation.
- Attractive renumeration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: Full-time
Job ID: 17175
+49 89 382-17001