Job Number: 17501
Group: Cosma International
Division: Venest Industries
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: St. Catharines
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
The Maintenance Industrial Electrician/Controls position is primarily responsible for the maintenance of the assembly equipment on the Production floor. This position will support the operation of the business through the maintenance as required to maintenance assembly standards. They must remain composed under pressure and may work casual overtime or flex hours as required to meet deadlines. They must be able to work independently, organize/prioritize and work with a sense of urgency and tact/discretion.Key Responsibilities
- Maintain safety standards of equipment and work area, while performing all duties in a safe manner in accordance with the safety policies.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks, and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
- Support cross-functional repairs to equipment that includes electrical, mechanical, and tooling provided it could be done safely.
- Department support for testing, repairing, and calibrating electric or electronic components.
- Document electrical changes for plant inspections as well as basic administration including computer entry and documentation of work performed.
- Complete preventative maintenance on equipment and keep maintenance records to identify weakness in design.
- Maintain and store all electrical spares, tools, and equipment as designated and required.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair industrial, electrical, and electronic control systems and other related devices to maintain production.
- Perform electrical repair work on all machines, equipment, and facilities.
- Diagnose and make changes to programs as required, with the aid of programmable logic controls.
- Evaluate and improve our processes for uptime and repeatability.
- Evaluate downtime situations for root cause and identify potential risks to similar processes.
- Install, examine, replace, or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic, and coaxial cable assembles, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Services, maintains, repairs, installs, and tests new/existing equipment and verifies conformance to specifications.
- Grade 12 education/completion of GED.
- Ontario Certification of Qualification as an Industrial Electrician (proof of certificate required).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with industrial equipment.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with controls and robotics considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess leadership, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform various computer functions (Microsoft Office, AutoCAD) software and communication.
- Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, procedures and guidelines.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, suppliers and customers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines; able to work flexible hours and weekend overtime to meet department requirements.
- Knowledge of resistance welding, electrical standards, and latest safety standards.
- Knowledge of PLC and Robotic programming (Allen Bradley/Rockwell) experience considered an asset.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
[ Link Removed ]