Mister Spex?is Europe’s leading omnichannel optician.?What makes us unique is the combination of optometry and tech. We are looking for tech talents who want to join us in disrupting the market with new digital solutions. Everything we develop is designed to help our customers find the perfect glasses or sunglasses easily, quickly, and with fun and joy, in the online shop as well as in person.?
What the job is about?
As a Head of Engineering, you are the ambassador on the tech side to strive towards our ultimate goal: A modern, agile and unified costumer experience on desktop and mobile. Together with our tech teams you will make key decisions and be the main sparring partner from tech-side to continuously develop our tech stack to increase our costumers’ ease and joy.
What you’ll do
- Shape and champion inclusive engineering culture and diverse team environment
- Hire, develop and inspire high performing, cross-functional teams
- Provide technical direction to drive our Webshop and Omnichannel experience
- Sustainably empower our tech teams to reduce lead time and increase deployment frequency
- Support product vision and translate it into a long-term roadmap including technical mid- and long-term vision
- Facilitate technology evaluations, proof of concepts and pilots to make build or buy decisions
- Create and maintain strategic and tactical operations, resource plans, goals, and priorities based on business and technology roadmaps
- Comprehensive experience with IT projects, work in an agile environment, management of sometimes-competing expectations of various stakeholders and team management at the same time
- Extensive leadership experiences and several years of hands-on experience in eCommerce, or related areas
- Strong business acumen, a strategic mindset and excellent communication skills to manage various stakeholders and?competing priorities
- Several years of experience in developing and coaching peers?
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What we offer
- Yearly voucher for a pair of glasses and up to 40% discount on our products???
- Relocation assistance and help with costs and visa???
- 50% subsidy for public transport???
- Highly skilled colleagues building innovative systems????
- Flexible working hours, 10 days paid vacation for childcare and sabbatical options???
- Warm and international culture based on respect, collaboration and giving your ideas a spotlight!?
More about Mister Spex?
We are transforming the optical industry. Ready to join the revolution? With our consistent?digitalisation?strategy, we have significantly changed an entire industry and established a new way of buying eyewear. We have created optimal links between contemporary e-commerce solutions and traditional brick-and-mortar retail. This success has come?hand-in-hand?with our rapid growth and makes us one of the most innovative employers in the industry. Our spirit of innovation is your chance to shape the traditional market and change it for good.?????
Our diverse teams from over 50 nationalities are the focal point of Mister Spex and they are what makes our environment so dynamic. We treat every new applicant on an equal footing and live by the principle of equal opportunities, regardless of origin, skin?colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, political opinion or any other characteristic.??