Our mission at Sense is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and efficient. We’re serious about having a real impact on climate change by empowering people to easily take care of their homes and to actively participate in a cleaner, more resilient future.
To accomplish our mission, we are building an AI and automation platform for home energy infrastructure. Our consumer product, built on our unique machine learning technology, gives people visibility into the energy usage of their homes and provides insights to simplify saving energy and money. We are a team of highly curious, collaborative engineers who enjoy working together to solve a wide range of interesting technical challenges across a deep stack that spans embedded, native mobile, web, and the cloud. If the idea of having a significant positive impact on our product (and climate) sounds exciting to you, let's talk!
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- Developing for GHz-class embedded ARM SoCs, particularly in C, Rust, and Python
- Networking and network protocols
Onsite in our Cambridge, MA office is preferred, but we're open to discussion if you're well set up for remote embedded development. All of our EE is done in-house, so you'll be working closely with the hardware team to make our hardware sing. You will also be working directly with our product team to develop new user-facing features. To be successful in this role, you should love working from the very low-level all the way up to the user experience, and everything in between.
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Remote or local/hybrid in our Cambridge Central Square office
- Home office setup allowance ($200/year)
- Great work-life balance
- Flexible work hours
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks/year + 1 week paid sick time
- Paid parental leave (5 weeks or more depending on location)
- Dependent Care Accounts
- Generous healthcare benefits for employees and dependents
- Medical (90% of the premium and first 50% of the deductible)
- Dental (90%)
- Vision (100%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, long- and short-term disability insurance (100%)
- 401k plan
- Free Sense energy monitor for your home, discounts for friends and family