Join the Dynamic Traffic Infrastructure Team Directly impact the experience of hundreds of millions of users across the globe across ByteDance's products. The Traffic infrastructure team at ByteDance is responsible for ensuring a seamless experience for our fast-growing user base. As a team, we manage the core transport stack (HTTP, TLS, QUIC) across Android/iOS used by Bytedance’s mobile app. We also build layer 4 and layer 7 load balancers, pops and CDN system, acceleration proxies, plus the supporting platform that is required to operate the system. You will glue these varied network services together to provide high-performance network transmission from servers to end-users. Facing the complex user network environment and network infrastructure in various regions of the world, if you enjoy working with cutting edge technical challengers, we'll love to hear from you! The Role We are seeking experienced engineers on Bytedance’s traffic infrastructure team to enable high performance & reliable network connectivity for Bytedance’s global products. ByteDance's popular applications including TikTok, Reso, Helo, Vigo etc, demand high available and low latency connectivity to ensure magical user experiences, technical challenges in achieving this goal is both very challenging and foundational to the entire business.
- Responsible for the network performance optimization of the Bytedance’s global mobile applications, providing a good deal of insight into business scenarios, to solve performance bottlenecks and achieve business objectives.
- Find and solve various performance problems of client-to-server network, design and implement corresponding optimization schemes.
- Pay attention to the progress of new network technologies follow up the exploration and application of new network technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other relevant majors.
- Mobile performance experience in Android/iOS, around the networking stack. • Familiarity with network protocols and architecture (e.g. TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, HTTP/2, QUIC, points of presence (PoPs), load balancing, SSL, TLS).
- Creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills, familiarity with network debugging tools (netstat, tcpdump, dig, strace, traceroute etc).
- Strong written/verbal communication and excellent teamwork skills; flexible and self-motivated.