If you are passionate about Software or Online Services and have a knack for building the positioning and messaging of great products to the world, then this is a unique opportunity for you. At SonarSource we are building products that are used and loved by millions of developers around the world, our business is growing very fast and we are continuously engaging more teams and companies with our offering. This is your opportunity to join this adventure in a very dynamic and diverse Marketing Team, help us grow our Product Marketing impact, bringing awareness and adoption of our world-leading products to teams around the globe.
The impact you can have
As a Product Marketing Manager at SonarSource, your first impact will be to engage teams and companies worldwide in caring about the quality and security of their code. Together with the PMM team, you will own the positioning, the value props, the messaging of our products and the feature-set. Through our blogs and websites, you will deliver authentic content that highlights our products’ latest features and integrations. You will demonstrate to organizations of this world how a developer-first approach to code quality & security benefits both the end-users as well as development teams and organizations. Here are some real-life examples of our team delivering such messages to the world:
- Empowering Developers to own Code Security (webinar)
- Taking the angst out of SAST analysis (blog)
- How Clean as You Code enables maximum impact with minimum investment (web)
You will join an existing squad of Product Marketers coming from diverse backgrounds (devs, PMs, PMMs), driven by raising awareness of our products and continuously engaging our existing community with extra benefits. in building a steady stream of product announcements, stories, webinars, blogs and others. You will be part of a team-based organization where you will get to contribute to strategic go-to-markets, be a go-to resource for crafting campaigns, and also have an opportunity to empower the entire company in talking about our products in the most impactful way.
Using your prior Product Marketing experience in software companies, you will contribute to growing the awareness and reputation of our leading developer tools used by millions of developers. You will be surrounded by great people and will contribute to building an authentic brand that is respected and loved around the globe.
On a daily basis, you will
- Build content to promote our newest features to the world. Prepare launch activities for upcoming product releases. Maximize the impact with the audience/community that you target.
- Create various sets of Product Marketing deliverables (blog posts, product announcements, website content, webinars etc.) that contribute to company-wide go-to-market objectives and campaigns
- Maintain an evergreen and consistent Product Marketing Positioning and Messaging across all channels. Keep our Value Proposition continuously up-to-date with the latest releases and offerings.
- Work with the Product Management team in defining roadmap priorities. Prepare related go-to-market activities.
- Consolidate feedback from Sales/Services Teams about our Value Proposition and messaging, and continuously improve our stories and positioning accordingly
- Foster continuous delivery in the PMM squad, of authentic content and stories which resonate with developers and DevOps audience.
- Follow Agile principles, work in sprints, and deliver through timeboxes and iterations
The skills you will demonstrate
- 3+ years experience in Product Marketing team in a software company (developer tools or DevOps a plus)
- You have a passion for great software products and the underlying technologies that powers them.
- A technical degree or past experience in a technical role is a plus
- You adapt quickly, can respond to changing objectives, and are comfortable with Agile principles
- You love writing, you care about producing content that will resonate with end-users, who won’t perceive it as ‘marketing speak’
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken