As a R&D Surgical Robotics Senior Design Engineer you will be designing and developing advanced instruments that provide robust clinical value. You will be an important team member on a product development project conducting various assignments in collaboration with our team of diverse engineers, designers and cross-functional partners.
- Lead meaningful aspects of the definition, design, development, implementation, and integration of these key surgical instruments.
- Apply knowledge of general engineering principles, materials, DFMA & reliability to achieve product design requirements.
- Work with systems, controls, mechatronic, electrical and industrial design engineers to design the optimal solution.
- Develop free-body diagrams, calculate stress & strain values, and formulate tolerance stack-ups.
A Bachelor's or Masters Degree in an engineering field is required. (Mechanical Engineering is preferred).
MUST-HAVE Experience and Skills:
- 7-10 yrs of industry experience
- Ability to take in constraint and design mechanical solution within the given contraints
- Strong in CAD modeling - Solidworks
- Ability to create concept from scratch - experience doing so
- Working on product that have multiple components (custom) going into an assembly, Exmpale of industries:
- Med devices - robotics
- Consumer products - working on kitchen mixers, powertools, (endo-mechnical) - exclusive sub assembling and component experience
- Defense -Someone who's working on design and integration of motors, ear boxes, and controls inside something like an optical telescope where they were changing field of view and focus or optics assembly.
- Strong basis analysis skills - stress and strain on parts - calculations
- Soft-skills: strong communicators, go-getter, self-starter, someone who takes initiative.
- Strong creative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate opportunities, status and risks.
- Experience working with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to understand the considerations associated with: Design of Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), Design to Cost (DTC) and produce prototypes to optimize design for manufacturability.
- Systems-based design experience, including integration of cross-disciplinary technologies.
- Capability to build prototypes, products and systems for testing, along with setting up Test Methodology.
- Comfortable / capable of discussing and developing Mechatronic Controls or Automated test scripts for analysis of data or product development purposes.
- Experience developing and utilizing 3D CAD models, FMEA's, GD&T, tolerance analysis, FEA, DOE's, simulated use testing, and statistical analysis preferred.
Day to Day
- Work on concept development -
- Designing multiple components at the same time -
- Making sure that it works with the other subsystems
- Able to create new mechanisms and convert them to CAD models and then integrate them into the broader design.
- In depth analysis, tolerance stack analysis, take into account the manufacturing tolerances - Finite element analysis, modeling skill
- Basic engineering analysis
- Once they're happy with the design - get it prototyped and tested - ability to understand what kind of manufacturing method can be used to make this part, material choise that would wgo with it.
- Experience with prototype technologies.
- SolidWorks experience is preferred.
- Matlab, Python, or similar data analysis tools experience.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Experience with design controls; the ability to develop and execute design plans, design verification and validation preferred.
This position will be located in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 25% travel.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.