Are you looking tomake a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies, a company ofAmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focusedand dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in ourresponsibility to create healthier futures.
We havea team of over 400 passionate nurses located across the country. Our nurseshave experience in a wide array of therapeutic areas including oncology,immunology and rare diseases. Whether providing care within one of our clinics,a physician’s office or at a patient’s home, all of our nurses have extensiveexperience with IV and injectable therapy for safe, convenient treatment.
We are hiring a full time LPN tosupport Infusion and Injection treatments in clinic and homecare settingswithin the Edmonton area.
The Infusion and Injection Nurse (LPN)provides support for the RN in our specialized infusion/injection clinics andassumes patient care in accordance with RPN scope of practice in thetherapeutic areas of oncology, auto-immune and rare disease patients. The RPNwill work in outpatient clinics or homecare settings. Effective coordinationand communications play an essential part in servicing patients, care giversand our clients. This position offers patients and healthcare providers withcontinuous education and support with regard to the diseases and therapies theyare managing.
- Administer medications(IM and SC)
- Support/monitor administration of IV infusion treatments in the clinic setting
- Monitor post-injection/infusion treatments as well as chart and report on all activities as directed by program protocols and standards of professional nursing documentation
- Provide patient education based on program protocols, individually or in groups
- Provide regular, predictable availability to meet appointment scheduling needs in an efficient and cost effective manner to provide patients with quick access to necessary therapies
- Coordinate daily with patients, case managers, physicians, scheduling and other departments to meet established timelines for scheduling appointments, treatments, and communication of information
- Perform administrative duties such as monthly clinic audits, supply ordering and other duties as assigned
- Participate regularly in telephone consultations and/or web based meetings/training sessions with the District Manager to share information, and uphold professional practice standards
- Consult with physicians, pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients regarding education and implementation of product specific programs
- Adhere to professional nursing standards as prescribed by the professional associations, regulatory bodies and the company policies and procedures
- Qualified registered practical nurse/ licensed practical nurse (valid provincial license from the College of Nurses in Province of work)
- Experience with IV therapy with or without IV initiation is an asset
- Healthcare provider CPR certificate required
- Experience in a critical care, emergency, acute care inpatient/outpatient or homecare setting are considered assets
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills in dealing with patients, physicians, and multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Access to a home computer with an internet connection, printer, fax machine, and cell phone for making and confirming appointments/assignments
- Flexibility in order to provide services for pre-scheduled and occasional last minute patient appointment requests
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs
- Able to travel within a set geographical boundary
- Hold and maintain a valid, non-expired, unrestricted driver’s license
- Access to a reliable vehicle, and car insurance
We offer competitivetotal rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offeringbenefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs ofour associates.
- Competitivecompensation packages
- Comprehensivehealth and dental plans
- Flexible& remote working options
- Onlinepeer-to-peer recognition program
- Corporatediscounts with multiple establishments, including fitness centers
- Health& Wellness program
AmerisourceBergen is apublicly traded Fortune 11 global healthcare solutions company and is one ofthe world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Innomar Strategies, a part ofAmerisourceBergen, is Canada’s leading patient support provider forspecialty pharmaceuticals. Through our Integrated Service Model, we delivercustomized solutions to improve product access, increase supply chainefficiency, and enhance patient care. Innomar is the trusted expert inspecialty pharmaceuticals with an unwavering commitment to patients.