Simple Technology Solutions (STS) is looking for a Sr. Cloud Architect to add to our team.
Quick Position Overview:
- US Citizenship is required
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required
- A minimum of 10 years' position related experience is required
- Demonstrable experience building CI/CD pipelines and experience with enterprise-level Cloud Migrations or Application Modernization projects is required
In this role, we are looking for someone who is motivated to drive multiple customer solution design projects in parallel. The ideal candidate has a strong desire to solve customer problems and oversee projects from ideation to deployment. To succeed in this role, one must have a balance of business and technology acumen, including the ability to articulate high-level technical solutions to business problems and to tie your solutions to program success criteria.
The Sr. Cloud Architect at STS will:
- Provide development and platform support using Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service products
- Conduct business and technical discovery with customers
- Problem solve novel solutions, architectures and use cases to help customers meet their objectives
- Provide robust recommendations for engagements while also identifying critical dependencies and gaps
- Continuously improve the team’s knowledge, methodologies, and inventory of solution design blueprints for key customer segments and classes of use cases
- Assist in the designing of interface standards, quality assurance standards, performance standards, and cost-benefit analysis of modem state-of-the art information systems
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience in design, analysis, and implementation of information systems architecture, AWS Cloud-based infrastructure support, AWS Cloud maintenance, architecture, and development experience
- Demonstrable experience with DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, and containers
- Demonstrable experience with enterprise-level Cloud Migration or Application Modernization projects
- Experience applying a wide set of engineering disciplines for planning, design, analysis, coding, testing, roll-out and support of information systems architectures
- Outstanding communications skills, both oral and written
- AWS Solutions Architect - Professional (or other professional-level AWS certifications)
STS team members are motivated and assist each other in delivering remarkable solutions every day. We are lifelong learners, value outcomes over busy-ness and cultivate collaboration over individual contributions. We have in-depth experience helping government agencies in their installation, configuration, and optimization of leading Agile Software Development, DevOps, and Cloud Migration tools. Our growing team has an exciting startup feel and, in addition to being experienced government contractors, we are experienced coaches and thought-leaders.
A Little More About STS
STS values innovation in all that we do, value-orientation in all choices and decisions, and has an employee-centric company focus. We have been named a “Best Place to Work” by the Washington Business Journal in 2019 and 2021; received the Washington Technology magazine’s FAST50 status in 2019; and achieved Inc Magazine’s “Inc 500” status in 2019 and 2020. We offer best in our industry benefits as well as extensive learning and development opportunities.
Our team members value the flexibility STS offers which allows them to balance their personal lives while contributing quality work products. Additionally, the team benefits from our partnerships with AWS, Google, Microsoft and CloudBees – with access to improved knowledge and the opportunity to become a SME with one or more of our above partners.
STS is committed to equal employment opportunity. STS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, matriculation, personal appearance, political affiliation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.