Classification: Mortgage Assistant
Our client, a leading Canadian organization within the financial industry, is actively looking for a Mortgage Underwriter to join their growing team. As the Mortgage Underwriter, you will be responsible for financing residential mortgages as well as confirm all requirements and regulations are being adhered to. This great full-time opportunity is in Toronto, Ontario and will be half remote and half in office for the foreseeable future. The successful individual with posses a high attention to detail and accuracy and can manage and prioritize their time effectively. Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Submitting deals and remaining up to date on any policy and procedure changes
• Evaluating, analyzing and review each mortgage application
• Conduct presentations to the broker, to help generate new business or retain existing customers
• Participate in telemarketing schedule targeting the established broker base and connecting with new brokers
• Participate in trade shows promoting mortgage products or networking with the brokers
• Responsible for providing support with the development, implementation and execution of a Mortgage Business Plan with Management and Underwriting Staff.
• Assist and contribute to the growth of the branch through actively contacting, building and strengthening broker relationships.
• 5 or more years of experience as a mortgage underwriter
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written
• Extensive experience with residential and commercial mortgages
• Always conducts oneself in a professional manner
• Proven broker base connection and is ready, eager and able to perform immediately
• Strong knowledge in Alt-A market
All interested applicants, please apply with your updated resume. We thank you for your application, but at this time we are not able to respond to each applicant.
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [ Phone number blocked ] . All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.