Psychologist – Lifemark Mental Health Services Team
Moncton, NB (Virtual)
Are you interested in being part of a dynamic, growing mental health services team that values professional growth, balance and delivering excellence in clinical care?
Lifemark is seeking a full or part-time Psychologist who enjoys working collaboratively on a mental health services team that includes other Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Social Workers, and Occupational Therapists, delivering stand-alone mental health services and supporting our provincial clinical interdisciplinary teams (Kinesiologist, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Nurse, and Rehabilitation coordinator).
Lifemark is looking for professionals with a passion for rehabilitation and assisting people on their recovery journey toward return to work and/or rehabilitation post-injury.
This role allows for a variety of opportunities to contribute your expertise. Your contribution to our team will consist of:
- Providing psychological assessment
- Providing consultation to other Mental Health Service Team members and clinical interdisciplinary teams
- Providing psychological treatment
- Providing clinical oversight/supervision to other clinical team members
- Developing and/or leading group therapy treatment
- Developing and/or leading psychoeducation sessions
- Developing, leading and or contributing to research and outcome evaluation projects at both a provincial and national level
The clientele is composed of adults referred by our funders such as Workers Compensation, disability insurers, automobile insurers and private referrals/extended health benefits for a variety of conditions that affect psychological functioning such as: acute and chronic injury/pain, head injury, and/or traumatic events/exposures. Common treatment targets include Anxiety, Depression, Adjustment Disorder, and PTSD.
Clinical care is delivered in a combination of virtual care and in-person care (when needed), using our extensive network of clinics.
Qualifications and Formal Education:
- Masters Degree or PhD in Psychology
- Current registration with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (Adult: Clinical, Rehabilitation and/or Neuropsychology)
- Registered Supervised Practice applicants welcomed to apply
- Maintenance of individual professional liability/malpractice insurance required
- Clinical practice experience (practicum and internship considered). Preference for experience working with an interdisciplinary team with a focus on health and/or rehabilitation.
- Experience working with a variety of third party payers considered an asset (e.g. WSIB, Auto Insurers, Disability Insurers)
- Practical experience and training in the provision of evidence based treatment (CBT, ACT, DBT etc.). Application to health and rehabilitation an asset
- Clinical experience in psychological assessment with a focus on treatment recommendations/planning
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work both autonomously as well as part of an interdisciplinary health care team
- Efficiency and responsiveness in provision of required clinical documentation
- Understanding of funding system expectations and ability to integrate this into a client centered treatment plan (i.e. time limited, targeted treatment)
- Demonstrated work ethic, reliability, maturity and flexibility
- Caseload management and leadership skills required in this dynamic work setting
- Health/Occupational Rehabilitation an asset
- Experience in utilizing telehealth/virtual care methods in service delivery
Registered Psychologists and Psychologist Associates will be contacted. Registered supervised practice applicants will be considered.
Lifemark offers a very competitive salary and an enhanced health benefits package. Ongoing supervision, consultation and education opportunities are provided.
Apply today! Visit www.lifemark.ca/careers for more information