Classification: Legal Assistant
This Legal Assistant position offers you the opportunity to advance your career. Passionate candidates with solid computer skills will be interested in this Legal Assistant opportunity offered by a booming legal organization. This position is for candidates with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and exercise excellent organizational and motivational prowess. Apply with Robert Half Legal if you're a good fit! This full-time Legal Assistant employment is based in the Toronto, Ontario area.
What you get to do every single day
- Maintain consistent confidentiality
- File hard copies of documents as well as maintain the electronic document system
- Assemble correspondence and pleadings, as well as make arrangements for service on parties
- Draw up various documents and correspondence
- Monitor deadlines and maintain the case calendar
- Assemble court filings, sometimes electronically when required
- Take part in the preparation of exhibit binders for depositions, hearings and trials
- Answer incoming calls and assist in handling high volume phone lines
- Collaborate with attorneys on client intake and key discoveryJob Requirements- Incoming phone call management skills required
- Previous legal work experience and a dedication to integrity
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Mastery of Internet research, calendaring, word processing and spreadsheets
- Hunger to discover new ideas and learn quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and social communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Litigation Legal Assistant
- Demeanor to thrive in a high-paced environment, requiring exceptional organizational skills, juggling priorities, and adhering to strict deadlines
At this dynamic, growing firm, you can take the next step in your legal career! We're calling all candidates who are eager to work in a strong team-oriented environment.
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with remote or on-site jobs on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide teams for complex projects, including litigation, eDiscovery, data privacy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [ Phone number blocked ] . All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.