Our mission is to create software and services that solve the world’s manufacturing challenges. Our software, Mastercam, is the most widely used CAM software in the world. Headquartered in Tolland, CT, we are a culture that embraces remote work, with a growing global team spanning three continents: Asia, Europe, and North America. As the industry leader, we strive to innovate, and we partner with our resellers and customers to make the impossible, well, possible.
Being one of the oldest companies in the PC-based CAD/CAM industry, our longevity is fueled by our culture of caring for each other and our community. Our work environment reflects this care, with exceptional benefits and services you would expect of an industry leader. As a Greater Hartford Top Workplace, our focus has always been on creating a workplace that embodies the values we hold, and which, well, doesn’t feel like “work”, but more like a place that you want to be. If you have a passion for your work, an inquisitive nature, and a pride in exceeding the expectations others have set for you – then Mastercam may just be the place you have been looking for.
CNC Software is looking for a Software Engineer to join our machine systems team. This team is responsible for providing a flexible foundation to define different machines and controls for CNC machines, and to handle post processing for the toolpath data.
As a member of our machine systems team, you will be responsible for taking ownership of user stories and defects prioritized by the team’s Product Owner. You will participate in planning meetings related to your areas of expertise. You will work with your team to correctly size and accurately detail stories and defects. You will use modern development practices to tackle complex projects in large codebases.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a strong understanding of software engineering best practices, including design patterns and the SOLID and DRY principles. You will need to be comfortable diving into a large, legacy codebase and making changes to streamline, improve, and to add on existing processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and test software to resolve defects and implement user stories
- Propose and implement designs for large-scale projects within the scrum team
- Coordinate with other developers to ensure the success of large-scale team projects
- Communicate project status regularly with all necessary stakeholders
- Assist in writing, sizing, and breaking down user stories and defects
- Conduct peer reviews
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes for software development
Who You Are:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have 6-9 years’ experience in developing commercial applications in C++
- You have experience with agile software development & strong understanding of object-oriented development
- You have previous experience developing for Microsoft Windows using Visual Studio
- You have experience with standard software development practices such as source control, peer reviews & unit testing
- You have a strong ability to design and implement large-scale software projects
It’s a Plus If:
- You have experience with C# and WPF
- You have experience in software development with CAD/CAM software
- You have knowledge of kinematics and 3D transformations
- You are familiar with design patterns and the C++ standard library
- You have experience writing multithreaded applications
CNC Software, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgendered status, partnership status, caregiver status, age, ancestry, physical, intellectual, learning or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related condition, genetic information, medical condition including medical characteristics, marital or civil union status, familial status, veteran or military status , use of tobacco or other lawful products off premises and during non-working hours, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.