Hemnet (world's most popular property portal per capita) has 62 million visits every month and our six product development teams deploy multiple releases every day. As an Infrastructure Developer you will be challenged to develop an infrastructure that delivers a state of the art user experience both to our users and developers.
In this role you’ll be part of our platform team. Their mission is to enable the development teams to release and maintain their products by providing an approachable, stable, highly automated infrastructure. Although our infrastructure is based on modern technologies today (using cloud services and an IaC approach), our next challenge is taking it to the next level meeting the demands of tomorrow.
Team platform has the responsibility to serve product team’s with infrastructure, core API/backend services and data pipelines. We now need to strengthen our team with an Infrastructure Engineer. Our team consists of six senior developers working closely together with our Product Manager to develop and evolve our platform.
What you'll do at Hemnet
- Together with your team members lead our cloud native journey to ensure our platform meets business needs and growth.
- Together with your team make decisions about technology choices, priority and direction. We always aim to keep our platform up to date and the team has a big impact on what technologies to use.
- Be part of an agile team where continuous improvement and delivery are part of everyday work life.
- Work in a friendly and caring company culture where transparency, work-life balance and well-being are high up on the company's agenda.
Some of the team’s main responsibilities
- Develop and evolve the system infrastructure.
- Tools for CI/CD, release pipeline and monitoring.
- System security, performance, stability and data integrity.
- Internally advocate best-practices/infrastructure technologies to our product development teams.
We hope that you
- Are a seasoned Infrastructure Developer having practical experience and a genuine interest in cloud infrastructure (not limited to AWS which we use), cloud native technologies and CI/CD tooling.
- Have proficiency as a developer preferably with Ruby, Python or other general-purpose programming languages.
- Are a great team player with a pragmatic and service oriented mindset.
- Thrive in an open development culture where code reviews, pair programming and design discussions are natural ways to get feedback, learn and share knowledge.
- Have the passion and motivation to constantly improve your skills in these areas.
A peek at our tech stack
We look forward reading your application!
Interested in reading more about software and product development, and the every day work life, at Hemnet? Read our blog: