The AWM Cloud Architecture team is seeking a cloud solutions engineer who can help our clients migrate applications to public and private cloud platforms. As a cloud solution engineer, you will work closely with Sr. Cloud Solution Architects and business applications teams to provide target state cloud architecture guidance. Additionally, the individual will need to create proof of concepts when solving problems, work across functional teams to drive features, remove blockers and create high quality documentation and reusable patterns to enable mass adoption. Our team success will be rated on the number of applications migrated to the cloud.
What You'll Be Doing
For the first three months, you will be studying for your AWS certification, getting familiar with the JMPC technology landscape, and shadowing solution architects to familiarize yourself with how we operate and engage our customers.
• Learn Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and AWS products in the JPMC cloud platforms.
• Create "proof-of-concept" and prototypes to demonstrate feasibility and potential value for the firm.
• Provide technical guidance to business functionality developers facing technical challenges adopting cloud products and platforms
• Escalate early and work across functional teams to remove blockers and drive platform feature implementation.
• Work and deliver results with geographically dispersed teams.
We don't expect candidates to meet all of the desired skills. If you feel you are strong in some of the expectations, and willing to learn and improve the others, please do apply.
• 3+ years of software development experience in a variety of programming languages
• Knowledge of design patterns and industry standards
• Ability to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions focused on important customer needs
• Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
• Work with agile methodologies
• Knowledge of cloud native design principles
• Experience with Kubernetes and/or experience working on API driven projects
• Java and Spring frameworks expertise
• CI/CD and IaC tools like: Jenkins, CodeDeploy, CloudFormation, Terraform etc.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans