The RealReal is looking to hire a Network Security Engineer to join our team. This position will be responsible for the deployment and maintenance of the company's LAN/WAN environment and Cloud VOIP contact center system. As our network security engineer, you will oversee the daily upkeep and administration of the company's network infrastructure with a strong emphasis on security. We build for the future, see around corners, and focus on automating current and future processes through scripting. Join The RealReal and solve technical problems that matter!
This position is based in Phoenix and will report to our Senior Director of IT & Infrastructure.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Deploy and maintain new sites as needed including LAN/WAN and wireless networks
- Monitor the existing LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Resolve production issues minimizing system down time, and ensuring that the network is operational.
- Proactively identify and correct network issues, bandwidth bottlenecks, and upgrade/update hardware as needed.
- Maintain the cloud based contact center infrastructure (Genesys Purecloud)
- Develop network health and status report.
- Create and maintain network documentation
- Address any vulnerabilities from penetration testing that might be exploited by a malicious party.
- Work closely with the Information Security department to maintain the network secured and compliant and develop a set of network security standards and best practices for the organization. recommend security enhancements to management as needed and develop strategies to respond to and recover from security incidents/breaches.
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years relevant experience in a similar position
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching including STP, RSTP
- Be able to travel regularly across the USA for new implementations
- Routing, switching and wireless technologies
- Converged networks (voice, data)
- Solarwinds Orion or equivalent monitoring tool
- Degree in information technology or related related experience
Required Technical Knowledge
- PaloAlto Firewalls
- Cisco Meraki switching and Access Point
- Juniper Switching
- VPN/SDWAN technologies
- VOIP infrastructure
- Network monitoring tool
- Experience maintaining a contact center
- AWS networking experience
- Linux/Unix and/or Windows operating systems, systems administration, utilities, tools and applications
- experience with a configuration management solution (chef , puppet , ansible ...etc)
- Network and Cyber security concepts